Can High Blood Pressure Cause Me To Have My Baby Sooner?

I have been having issues with high blood pressure for about a week now. I've been tested for preeclampsia and it all came back normal. I was just wondering if my having high blood pressure would cause them to take my baby early. I'm currently 34w1d.

rockinmom82

Asked by rockinmom82 at 5:38 PM on Aug. 3, 2009 in Pregnancy

• they should monitor you closley adn if you start swelling or showing signs of preclampsia then yes they could have to induce you early.
    abbibaileylily

Answer by abbibaileylily at 5:40 PM on Aug. 3, 2009

• I had high blood pressure while pregnant with my son. BEDREST, BEDREST, BEDREST! My doc told me no cooking, cleaning, laundry, etc. etc. until the baby was born. I don't know how high yours is but mine would skyrocket to 170/110, sometimes a little higher. Good Luck and God Bless!
    kustomkrochet

Answer by kustomkrochet at 5:48 PM on Aug. 3, 2009

• How high was your bp? It depends on how high, and if it continues to stay high. I started having high blood pressure at 34 weeks, and visited the doctor twice a week until I was 38 weeks, when I decided to let them take the baby (I wanted to get as far as possible, and the doctor agreed as long as I saw him often).
    KadenTaeasmom

Answer by KadenTaeasmom at 5:52 PM on Aug. 3, 2009

• My BP this time was I think 138/89 or something like that.
    rockinmom82

Answer by rockinmom82 at 6:24 PM on Aug. 3, 2009

• if you dont have preeclampsia, they probably wont deliver you early.
    Mama2Joshy

Answer by Mama2Joshy at 7:58 PM on Aug. 3, 2009

• OOPS i wanted to add.....i have chronic hypertension (meaning i had it before pregnancy) and i am not allowed to go past 40 weeks. i dont know if that helps at all.
    Mama2Joshy

Answer by Mama2Joshy at 7:59 PM on Aug. 3, 2009