fair at the fair

what is fair. you take your 3 and 4 year old to a carnival/fair. 4yr old is tall enough for ride, 3yr old is not. Do you find a new ride OR console sobbing 3yr old while older kid rides solo

hibbingmom

Asked by hibbingmom at 5:42 PM on Aug. 3, 2009 in General Parenting

• I pick my battles and find a ride that the LO can go on solo so it all stays fair.
    raemommy

Answer by raemommy at 5:45 PM on Aug. 3, 2009

• I chose the latter and... kinda regretted it since 4yr old has been doing some taunting and teasing.
    hibbingmom

Answer by hibbingmom at 5:42 PM on Aug. 3, 2009

• i would try and find a ride that is taliored to litttle ones...since the older one can go alone on their ride this ride for the little one is "their" ride you know...or if its you and SO then maybe you can say...the older one can go and you and mommy/daddy will find something else to do?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 6:02 PM on Aug. 3, 2009

• I also make sure it's something they can both go on.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 6:39 PM on Aug. 3, 2009

• Let the 4 yo go on the ride then let the 3 yo pick a ride. My sister (3 boys) used to not let the older ones go for fear of the little one being upset, but when I take them I buy a specific # of tickets and when they are gone they are gone. Little one got more rides, oh well baby rides take less tickets, if it was a stamp or band then they alternated who picked, if someone could not or didnt want to go on the ride he waited with me. The next time she took them to a place with rides she did it her way and the middle child asked to do it my way when the oldest wanted to go on a ride the little ones couldnt! Any way you do it someone is going to be unhappy, if you told the 4 yo no he would be crying unfair.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 6:41 PM on Aug. 3, 2009