I'm a Single Mommy and Finally Decided to Look for someone who will be good for me and my girls? I need help looking. . .

I am a single mommy, not just single as in I dont have a significant other, Single as in my kids father hasnt seen them in a 1yr & doesnt want to.

MY GIRLS ARE THE MOST IMPORTANT PEOPLE TO ME!

I cant lie, I miss havin a companion. Someone to cuddle w/, watch a game, watch movies & more importantly somene that 1 day my kids could call "Daddy"! First off you need to know some of the past: I am a Latin Mix & I have a Little "More to Love":) Their dad & I dated for 6 yrs(last 2 yrs were on & off), He is African American & was the only guy I ever loved. He was never a great guy but he made me happy before & a lil after the kids. I dont have the best taste in men but since my youngest was born my taste has changed. I am more open to different types & I know thats good but I still cant find anybody.

So Where should I look? How can I find a MAN, someone who excepts my mixed kids & me, but someone who I can trust? HELP?

Kali_Mommy2_2

Asked by Kali_Mommy2_2 at 5:45 PM on Aug. 3, 2009 in Relationships

• Dating advice: Backround check, backround check, backround check! Especially since you have daughters. Read the book, "The Rules for Dating," too.

Good luck.
    Tetona

Answer by Tetona at 5:50 PM on Aug. 3, 2009

• I went back to my high school and started dating guys from there even though I graduated 35 yrs ago! I don't have to do the background check on them since someone would have told me if one of them did something wrong. Try taking a class. Meeting guys on campuses is a pretty good idea but if you meet someone new then listen to tetona and check them out first.

Answer by admckenzie at 5:59 PM on Aug. 3, 2009

• It has been awesome for me and my son. I was single too long and now things are great.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 6:11 PM on Aug. 3, 2009

• Just date a few and go from there don't introduce them to your girls yet until you know he is the one. I once knew a guy whom I dated for awhile and told him I was living with my brother and sil that way he'll know he can't come in and I won't be tempted to ask him in. And don't fall for a guy on the "rebound" that will never work. GL
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 6:39 PM on Aug. 3, 2009

• I am single again its great when I date I am going to date people from my school. Maybe you could find a hobby or take a class for yourself?

pinkdragon36

Answer by pinkdragon36 at 7:11 PM on Aug. 3, 2009