Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Help! I think my daughter has samonella!

Yesterday I was takin a nap on the couch n put Spongebob on for my daughter. I woke up when I realised she was bein too quite. She nocked down the baby gate to the kitchen n was eatin raw cookie dough out of the tub! She isnt sick or ne thing right now, but Im worried. Should I take her to the hospital??? Help please!

Answer Question
 
Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:49 PM on Aug. 3, 2009 in Preschoolers (3-4)

Answers (31)
  • no if shes not sick i would not but think of all the times that u eat raw cookie dough
    logansmom6106

    Answer by logansmom6106 at 5:54 PM on Aug. 3, 2009

  • Wait until she shows signs
    Anonymous

    Answer by Anonymous at 5:54 PM on Aug. 3, 2009

  • for an adult to eat raw cookie dough it might not be a problem but for a child it could be risky because they are still getting accustomed to germs and bacteria, I say better be safe than sorry, keep an eye on her and at the first sign of diarhea, vomiting, fever, take her to the E R
    Anonymous

    Answer by Anonymous at 5:55 PM on Aug. 3, 2009

  • Is there a warning on the tub about not eating the dough raw? I suspect that packaged cookie dough has been pasteurized and won't be a problem. Read the tub, or call the company, or even poison control.
    Bmat

    Answer by Bmat at 6:21 PM on Aug. 3, 2009

  • Take her to the ER right NOW!!!! It's only a matter of time before the little thing gets sick. Stupid mother, why were you sleeping anyway?
    Anonymous

    Answer by Anonymous at 6:22 PM on Aug. 3, 2009

  • OP here. Im not stupid! I was dozing cuz I was working late the nite before n was tired. I had the baby gate up. If your going to be rude, anonamous, dont bother responding! Im looking for help here. Not to be called names!
    Anonymous

    Answer by Anonymous at 6:25 PM on Aug. 3, 2009

  • You have probably poisoned your child. How could you be so careless? Take her to the ER right away and hope and pray CPS doesn't take her away from you. I'll pray for her. You need to pray for your soul.
    Anonymous

    Answer by Anonymous at 6:29 PM on Aug. 3, 2009

  • Feed her oil of oregano. If fixes stuff like that. sell be fine in a day or two.
    Anonymous

    Answer by Anonymous at 6:30 PM on Aug. 3, 2009

  • I wouldn't worry too much, just keep an eye on her and watch for any symptoms.
    mancosmomma

    Answer by mancosmomma at 6:31 PM on Aug. 3, 2009

  • Take her to the ER now!
    Anonymous

    Answer by Anonymous at 6:32 PM on Aug. 3, 2009

Join CafeMom now to contribute your answer and become part of our community. It's free and takes just a minute.