Abnormal period, anyone else experience this?

My cycles are longer than most going 40-60 days between periods. The only thing I have going for me is that I'm usually good at detecting ovulation (reading my body's signals) and know to expect my period 14 days later. I thought I could be pregnant this time as I did not not start when it should have. Took HPTs but got bfn, I had all the signs of a period about to start or pregnancy. My period finally started 4 weeks after I thought it would. I never got a positive HPT but when it started it was a lot lighter than usual. Day 1 and 2 are usually heavy, 3 and 4 are reasonable, 5 it slows like it has ended Day 6 it picks up like Days 3 and 4 and Day 7 I finish. This time Days 1 and 2 were so light I didn't even fill a pad then Day 3 it was like a flood and I was going through a pad an hour! Same on Day 4. Today's Day 5 and I am passing clots. Fist-sized clots. I've never passed clots bigger than a pea. Ideas?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:52 PM on Aug. 3, 2009 in Health

• Honey if your passing clots that big than you need to be checked out. That is not right and something is definitely going on. Go get checked out. Yo know your body better than anybody so go with your gut tells you.

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 6:04 PM on Aug. 3, 2009