Sports/Activities

What sports/ activities out there for 3 year old? All that is coming to mind is gymnastics.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:59 PM on Aug. 3, 2009 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• here we have dance, soccer, martial arts & skating all starting at age 3. we also have 'sportball' which is a non-competitive introduction to all kinds of sports.
    jcsmummy

Answer by jcsmummy at 8:59 PM on Aug. 3, 2009

• Soccer.....dance ....jazz....
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 6:03 PM on Aug. 3, 2009

• My dd turned 3 in May and she has done mommy & me gymnastics, summer gymnastics and will do it in the fall I think it is great for all kids. Maybe not long term for all of them but it is really great for their motor skills at this age. She will also be in dance as soon as it starts up for the fall. She also did swim club this summer. There are not that many other sports around here that offer classes for 3 year olds.
    KatSul

Answer by KatSul at 6:06 PM on Aug. 3, 2009

• swimming.
    theutilitarian

Answer by theutilitarian at 6:13 PM on Aug. 3, 2009

• For a three yr old, I would stick to summer swimming lessons, or a gym class once a week. Dont go overboard because they simply dont have the energy to spend on all those lessons yet. I think swimming is the best thing you could do for a toddler. Familiarizing them with the water is SO important. My older kids all play sports and every season, we are doing something so Im kinda enjoying the fact that hes a bit too young. Once hes eligible for tball, there will be no stopping him. Hes a better ball player than many 6 yr olds. He can play football too. Hes just spent so much time at the ball park that hes learned how to play, but hes just too young.
    momofsaee

Answer by momofsaee at 6:34 AM on Aug. 4, 2009