how to get my son to take a bath with out a fight

i have no clue what to do next my son is two his hole like he always fights me giveing him a bath even if he has toys. he dont fight me to get in he fights me to wash him and to rinse the soap off and its crazy he will get into the babie pool i bought for my kids on his own. I dont konw what to do next.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:26 PM on Aug. 3, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• im curious to see what answers you get my almost 2 yr dd is the same way
    bonnie-jo

Answer by bonnie-jo at 6:27 PM on Aug. 3, 2009

• My daughter did the same. Now when it's bathtime for her I go with her in the shower! Try showering with your toddler!
    crazypink

Answer by crazypink at 6:28 PM on Aug. 3, 2009

• your the parent, :) it's in his best interest to be clean, there are some parent who don't care, sounds like you do.
    3rdDay

Answer by 3rdDay at 6:31 PM on Aug. 3, 2009

• Showers worked for us too. Our son was fine in the bath and then all of a sudden he hated it. Didn't want to get his hair washed or have water poured on his head, he'd freak out when we'd try to get him in the bath and he'd freak out the whole time he was in there.
    For no reason! Just one day he decided he hated the bath.

So my husband brought him into the shower with him and he loved it. He started having 2 or three a day! lol
    In the morning with my DH before he went to work. One with me in the afternoon when I had one and then one before bed.

After a while of just having showers he decided that he wanted a bath again so he could play with his boats. He even lays down in the bath sometimes now.

It's probably just a phase. Kids are weird. :)

Oh! We also started using a little watering can to rinse the soap and shampoo off and he thinks it's great.
    Laila-May

Answer by Laila-May at 7:20 PM on Aug. 3, 2009

• I agree with the above posters.. that or buy the shower heads that are removeable, and try that too so he has the feeling of the shower. :)

Good luck! (I hope my daughter never does this.. lol I have to fight her to get OUT of the tub)
    Skye-Angel

Answer by Skye-Angel at 10:59 PM on Aug. 3, 2009