advice/tips

So I have an eight month old daughter she just doesn't have interest in crawling I was wondering if you have any tips of getting her to do so. She use to hate being on her belly so she was behind on learning to roll over but now when i put her down thats all she does i know she doesn't really have to crawl so the other thing I'm asking to tips to get her to stand better and to get the idea to pull herself up cause she doesn't get it since she isn't crawling. Just tips for me to try would be nice thanks

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:27 PM on Aug. 3, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I got my son to crawl by holding the camera down on the ground in front of him.
    jenree33

Answer by jenree33 at 6:29 PM on Aug. 3, 2009

• I started my son pulling himself up to stand by standing him up in his crib and putting his hands on the side and then playing little games like peek- a-boo or just doing something to make him smile. And I only did this when he was standing, so he knew he had to stand up in his crib if he wanted to have fun and play. He was pulling himself up within less than a week!
    truthteller0722

Answer by truthteller0722 at 6:33 PM on Aug. 3, 2009

• Mine never crawled. He pulled up on his own with no help at all from me...he just did it one day and startled the HECK out of me. I'd put him in his crib, turned around to put something away and when I turned back, he was standing!

Best tip I can give you? Relax. She'll do it when she's ready.

Answer by gdiamante at 6:53 PM on Aug. 3, 2009

• Put her on a floor she can slide on, like tiles or wooden floors. That way she will learn to move around in a circle on her belly and will also learn to "grab on" to the floor with her hands, and pull herself forward with her feet, and finally getting up on all fours to crawl. She will get there. Some babies crawl early, some late, but it will happen. It is very important to crawl, since it connects crucial nerve endings in the brain when the baby makes the cross motion with the arms and legs when crawling. So keep up the good work and good luck. :-)
    LilyandEmmasMom

Answer by LilyandEmmasMom at 8:45 PM on Aug. 3, 2009