why am i so turned off by sex?

since i got pregnant, sex seems like a chore. ive always had a strong sex drive until now. im only two months and i basically have to force myself to have sex with my boyfriend. This has nothing to do with him, i'm still in love with him and very much attracted to him. I dont want to have sex with anybody, even myself. is this normal?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:39 PM on Aug. 3, 2009 in Pregnancy

• Yes this is normal, unfortunately. I can't exactly explain why but it happens on and off throughout the pregnancy and even after for awhile. It will come back though. lol. Good luck.
    Bamzakarat

Answer by Bamzakarat at 6:42 PM on Aug. 3, 2009

• Yes, it is normal! Hormones are crazy things!
    truthteller0722

Answer by truthteller0722 at 6:43 PM on Aug. 3, 2009

• The feeling is normal, esp. early in preg. I was too tired and sick to have sex until abot 6mo. into my pregnancies. Then my sex drive went into overdrive. I couldn't get enough. I am in the same boat now, but im not preg. I do have 3 young boys so i am usually tired, but i feel guilty for not always wanting sex. It has nothing to do with loving my husband. i still love him.
    team21

Answer by team21 at 6:45 PM on Aug. 3, 2009

• Totally normal!

It might kick back in during the second trimester, it did for me during my first pregnancy. This time around, not so much though. I have had little to no interest since day one and I'm at 39 weeks today! lol
    Hopefully your boyfriend is as understanding as my husband! :)
    Laila-May

Answer by Laila-May at 7:06 PM on Aug. 3, 2009

• Very normal.... hormones.
    catholicmamamia

Answer by catholicmamamia at 7:29 PM on Aug. 3, 2009

• Hormones do crazy things to your body! I'm the same way atm I'm 3 months and for a while was to sick, and way to tired to have sex with my husband.. I didn't want him to touch me with a ten food pole.. But I still love him.. I'm sure it will get better, I havent had this happen before.. With my first pregnancy I couldnt get enough and up until about 6-7 months after my daughter was born, then my sex drive kinda leveled out. So hang in there it will get better I'm sure, if he feels like your pushing him away or anything just tell him its not him its you and your hormones! Good luck!
    MizMzBowz

Answer by MizMzBowz at 10:37 AM on Aug. 4, 2009