Mirena

So I'm getting the Mirena put in tomorrow.... does it hurt? And also how do you like it?

June_Mama09

Asked by June_Mama09 at 6:44 PM on Aug. 3, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• It hurts a little and theres alot of spotting til you adjust but I'm really happy with the mirena, I dont have to worry about remembering pills or patchs.
    penguinqueengi

Answer by penguinqueengi at 6:46 PM on Aug. 3, 2009

• I does hurt a lil bit I took some prescription ibuprofen before I went. Bleeding is a pain until ur body adjusts but now I love it
    kirsty_mcgrail

Answer by kirsty_mcgrail at 6:48 PM on Aug. 3, 2009

• I had the Mirena for 4 years 3 months i just had it removed a little over a week ago you will get cramps during and for a while after insertion or removal my period was a little unpredictable for the first couple months than it lightened to just 1 or 2 days of light bleeding a month until the last 2 months i had it in i didn't have a period so it worked well but i want to warn you DO YOUR RESEARCH i am trying to conceive right now and there are a lot of women who believe having Mirena caused them to have miscarriages. I don't know because i just started trying to conceive but i just want you to research it ok?
    teresalangston

Answer by teresalangston at 6:51 PM on Aug. 3, 2009

• I had Mirena for about a month and a half and I was in so much pain I had it out. I really regretted getting it. It was a shooting pain down my right leg, and although they say you can't feel it, I could feel it.
    LisaPisa

Answer by LisaPisa at 6:09 PM on Aug. 4, 2009