Chrisitans do you believe it when people write books and talk about dieing and going to heaven or hell?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:08 PM on Aug. 3, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• Yes I have read a few.. God can do anything He wants to get a person's attention. Just because you or I haven't experienced it doesn't mean they haven't! I know people who have been to Heaven when they were deep in prayer and intercession. I also have heard many stories of people dying and ended up in Heaven only to be told it was not their time yet and get sent back with a mission to accomplish before their time is truly up!
    Shaneagle777

Answer by Shaneagle777 at 7:13 PM on Aug. 3, 2009

• wow i was just talking to one of my sisters in Christ about this.. I am reading a book called heaven and hell: the journey of chris and serena davis.. And i do believe that people see this... and im so glad i know the Lord.. I think they are not making this up when they say they have seen heaven or hell

hinson7169

Answer by hinson7169 at 7:14 PM on Aug. 3, 2009

• Nope, if you are dead you are dead, you don't get "a do over". I don't believe people are "making things up" but a brain deprived of oxygen can picture many things. Besides this whole idea of "it's not your time" implies that God made a mistake and let both your heart and brain stop. God is completely in control, when He stops both your heart and brain then you go to your eternal destany. I believe that any Christian who saw either heaven or hell would have serious mental problems after wards. The horror of hell would be too much for any human mind to deal with, and the longing for heaven would be unbarable.
    teamquinn

Answer by teamquinn at 1:58 AM on Aug. 4, 2009