What do you think about these?

I've been looking for something original and cute to make and sell. I have a lot of friends that sew and I wanted something easy and inexpensive. Anyways, I know pillowcase dresses are in, but have people who already do that.

Recently, I found the cutest pattern for little girl's dresses made out of scarfs and ribbons. They are soo cute and I would buy them at a department store! It says you can use the steam a hem stuff instead of sewing. (Which I think works better with thin fabric anyways.

Do you think it would sell? Any other original ideas? In my area we have winter months that they wouldn't sell, but during those months do you think people in warmer climates would buy them?

I have a few different sources of income, but would love to be able to make these during the day while baby's napping and my big one's in school.

tcarter1981

Asked by tcarter1981 at 7:08 PM on Aug. 3, 2009 in Hobbies & Crafts

• One year I send all the females in my family, a handmade apron. (I don't sew, a lady brought them in the thrift store.) All the receiptents really liked them. Along with the apron, I put a cookieor a soup recipe in a jar. so it was the recipe/ingredients and apron.

As I try to make gifts each year, it is was fun. The lady at the thrift store sold out quickly. Of course these were affordable $6 to $8. (1/2 sized aprons- waist only)
    moneymagnetmom

Answer by moneymagnetmom at 10:52 PM on Aug. 3, 2009

• I guess it depends on what it looks like. Do you have any pictures?
    momsc

Answer by momsc at 7:15 PM on Aug. 3, 2009

• You should post a picture. It's hard to opine when you can't picture what someone's talking about.
    SWasson

Answer by SWasson at 7:16 PM on Aug. 3, 2009

• IDK how to post a pic? I'll see if I can find one on the net quick.
    tcarter1981

Answer by tcarter1981 at 7:27 PM on Aug. 3, 2009

• Ugh, I can't find a pic anywhere on the net. Guess that means it's an open market. LOL. Anyways, you take 2 scarves and mesh them together like a dress and leave space for the arms. And there's a ribbon to adjust the neck. They're really cute. I think I've seen similar tops at the gap. I guess I'll just have to do some demos and post pics up after.
    tcarter1981

Answer by tcarter1981 at 7:42 PM on Aug. 3, 2009