circumcision... eva1 know i can't spell...

ok so we went today to have my son circumsized and it looks horrible i am not sure how it is supposed to look is it supposed to be all red and bleed alil bit? how any supposed to make my baby stop cryn and be more comforatable?

ggiovanni

Asked by ggiovanni at 7:26 PM on Aug. 3, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• LOL at your response.
    ok with my son he stopped screaming pretty quickly afterwards, and was wrapped in a hard bandage (almost cast like had to drench it in water to start to unravel it) however the tip was EXTREMELY red, and when i removed the bandage a few days later, it was covered in blood as well. you have to remember they did cut him, in order for a cut to heal it bleeds a bit first. as far as calming him down, did they give you a prescription or a dosage amount for tylenol or motrin? if not call the after hours number ask if he can have one of these and see if that helps.
    i was told they gave my son a numbing cream that would last a few hours and a shot of pain reliever before they did the procedure, so there has to be something you can give him even if hes still a newborn. just keep cuddling and rocking and he'll calm down eventaully. but if you really think somethings wrong take him back in
    vabchmommy

Answer by vabchmommy at 7:34 PM on Aug. 3, 2009

• OMG spell check please.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 7:28 PM on Aug. 3, 2009

• there is no spell check on here in answers dont bother to type that either help with my problem or move on stop being a mean b-word. i dont need any shit i have been dealing with a screaming baby you inconsiderate f-word.
    ggiovanni

Answer by ggiovanni at 7:30 PM on Aug. 3, 2009

• I dunno. My DS was circ'ed while still in the hospital at about 1 day old. He was never really red or bled per say. He had the tiniest amount of scabbing. I mean like the size if a pin head in one area. He never showed any amount of discomfort except the first day when he would wet he would fuss a little bit. I dunno if that's just him or what. Maybe you should give the dr. a call and make sure that everything is as it should be.
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 7:30 PM on Aug. 3, 2009

• lol im an "F" word haha!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Get a dictionary or use Firefox and they has spellcheck on there for you to use.

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 7:31 PM on Aug. 3, 2009

• did your doctor send you home with any info? call them if you have more questions
    staciandababy

Answer by staciandababy at 7:32 PM on Aug. 3, 2009

• i love firefox spell check! It checks everything!

Op: check with your doctor. It doesn't sound normal the way you describe it
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 7:32 PM on Aug. 3, 2009

• yeah i just dont know how much blood is normal it just looks so bad i dont know if i just thing it looks bad or thats how its supposed to look. i am typing with one hand n a baby n my lap i am sorry if i cant get to firefox just too please so women who cant even help me with a serious problem....hint i typed in the box that i cant spell...so you knew that when you opened it.
    ggiovanni

Answer by ggiovanni at 7:35 PM on Aug. 3, 2009