Another question got me thinking- Scamers-

ok, so I was a manager at papa murphys, and this man walked in (dead of winter) the axcel on my bike broke, and I have no money to catch the bus- its 1.50 for the bus, and 4.00 to put my bike on the bike rack- I told him I was sorry, and had no money to give, he than asked if I could give him some from the register or tip jar, and he would pay me back tomorow- I said, I'm sorry, thats against policy, and those are not MY tips to give, there my employees. The man than turned to the people waiting for there orders, when he went to ask them for money I told him he would have to leave, I didn't want him harrassing my guests-
The very next day, the SAME man walked into my SO's tacobell (he is a manager there) says the SAME story, sean, my SO told him, sorry, but you need to leave. (he had heard me tell him the story the night before) well two days later he ran into BOTH of us together... CONT

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:32 PM on Aug. 3, 2009 in Just for Fun

• we were in our uniforms and he still did not recongnise us, well anyway, he tells the SAME story, and we tell him both- You came into my papa murphys with the same sob story, and his tacobell in the past 3 days.
    I'm sorry, but you need to get a job, and stop asking people for handouts-
    He FREAKED OUT, and started screaming how he needs drugs!
    I was like WTH, so we got in the car, locked the doors, and called the cops- turned out he had been hitting up ALL the local business and random people and was making TONS of money, when the cops picked him up he had 100's of dollars on him, and another 1000.00 more in drugs-
    Has this kind of thing ever happend to you?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 7:35 PM on Aug. 3, 2009

• something like this, i was on my way to visit my family from MS to VA at a rest stop these people were walking around asking for change b/c their car had broken down and they needed to take a cab. so we gave them just some loose change that was in the middle console of our car.well 2 hours later at a diff rest stop, they were there asking the same thing. i was so pissed, told them they could go buy me a soda with the money i'd given them at the last rest stop and walked away. but made sure that i was loud enough that anyone in the rest area heard me and wouldn't give them a penny
    vabchmommy

Answer by vabchmommy at 7:38 PM on Aug. 3, 2009

• You could point out to him that when he only has one story he should be better at remembering the faces is told it to yesterday...

Yes, I was approached three times in under two weeks by the same female hobo pretending to be the mother of a girl hit by a car recently... the first time I said 'victim services will pay for your trip to the city she was injured in' and the second time I said exactly what I suggested, above. The third time I laughed at her and told her she should take advice or get different work.
    LindaClement

Answer by LindaClement at 7:39 PM on Aug. 3, 2009

• yeah a couple in an old town we lived in went to local restaurants and asked for the food that was to be thrown away, the ones that are pre made and can only sit out for so long. my hubby felt bad for them and gave them stuff that wasnt sold at lunch..one day i was at the sonic where my dh worked nd saw the couple and talked to them, they left few min b4 i did and i headed to wal mart which is up the street from sonic and saw the couple get into a newer convertible dont recall the make, im like hmm ok whats goin on so i follwed them home and they lived in a really nice place. i told my dh about ti and showed him where they live, his boss called the other local food places and warned them
    bonnie-jo

Answer by bonnie-jo at 7:44 PM on Aug. 3, 2009

• All I can say, is shame on them for ruining it for the people who really are in that place. I have had to use the food cupboard at church before. You never know when tradegy can happen to you. All I can say is there but for the Grace of God go I. If someone asks for money, I usually give a little. that way if God every asks if I did for the least of his brothers, I can say I tried.

It is nice to know though when you know they are scams, because our family priortizes, and there are things we do without because it isn't in the budget. Maybe the news should be called so everyone will recognize their face, and they can't find new people to hassle anymore.
    moneymagnetmom

Answer by moneymagnetmom at 10:13 PM on Aug. 3, 2009