Acai Berry...

So does anyone know if this stuff really works or not? Im thinking of trying it but im not sure....

proud_mommy1322

Asked by proud_mommy1322 at 7:38 PM on Aug. 3, 2009 in Diet & Fitness

• From what I've read, it's just another fad diet/nutrition marketing ploy. Eating a variety of healthy, nutritious foods, cutting out excessive fats/sugars and exercise are the only known guaranteed ways of losing and keeping off weight, not to mention just living an overall healthier lifestyle. Diets and fads are either crutches or they get you started, but they don't change your habits, so you eventually end up gaining any weight back or losing the energy once you stop taking whatever it is.
    JPsMommy605

Answer by JPsMommy605 at 7:45 PM on Aug. 3, 2009

• the acai berry.. like most berries,.. if you eat/drink enough of it, if flushes out your body of toxins. Therefore with most people that means, more energy. Since you have more energy, you're more likely to lose weight.

the ploy that JPsMommy is talking about is Mona Vie. Its a pyramid scam.
    AirborneBratMom

Answer by AirborneBratMom at 8:37 AM on Aug. 4, 2009

• No, I'm not talking about any ploy - I'm talking about marketing a single product as a panacea for weight and health issues, which is what is currently happening in the health industry that's pushing acai berries as the next great thing.
    JPsMommy605

Answer by JPsMommy605 at 9:37 PM on Aug. 4, 2009

• P.S. I nelglected to mention that it is recommended to use it with a Colon Cleanser which I tried in conjuction with the Acai Berry all the Colon Cleanser, also organic, did was raise my blood pressure.
    If you are constipated however I found that I did go more frequently to the bathroom.
    These products again are offered for free on numerous web sites.
    for what its worth.
    Good luck
    mia482008

Answer by mia482008 at 10:27 AM on Aug. 7, 2009

• The web sites are a scam to bill your credit card much more than they say and are located over seas! Be careful I'd try a local nutrion supplement store. I didn't have luck with them I gained what I loss after I stopped buying the pills!
    Rfoxxracing

Answer by Rfoxxracing at 3:14 PM on Aug. 7, 2009