Hallelujah!

My daughter FINALLY is feeding herself and holding her bottle. It's not that she couldn't, she just wouldn't. Now finally she is asserting some independence. She is a total Mama's girl, TOTALLY. She is 13 months old. Did anyone else's little one take their sweet time in doing these things?

BridgetC140

Asked by BridgetC140 at 7:41 PM on Aug. 3, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• My LO is taking her sweet time in learning to feed herself. At 13 mos we are successfully eating 2 meals a day without help. The third we feed her to make sure that she is getting enough calories. congratulations.
    coala

Answer by coala at 8:36 PM on Aug. 3, 2009

• My son (at 29 months) still deosn't like to hold his own fork or spoon! But it took him until almsot 2 to decide to hold them even.
    NickyJamesMom

Answer by NickyJamesMom at 7:45 PM on Aug. 3, 2009

• I'm talking about finger foods. lol
    BridgetC140

Answer by BridgetC140 at 7:51 PM on Aug. 3, 2009

• Yea - my 7 1/2 month old is developmentally ahead of the curb, smiling responsively and rolling over at 1 month, sitting up at 4, crawling and babbling at 6, but refuses to feed herself. If I even attempt to place cheerios on her tray, she'll pick them up and hold them in her hands, yet somehow everything else she picks up (non food related) ends up in her mouth, lol. Then she'll look at me like, "Well, I'm hungry, whatcha waitin for?". I think in another month she'll finally grasp the concept of putting her hand to her mouth, but I think she should've done it already, considering she's done everything else a lot sooner than her older sister did. :)
    tnm786

Answer by tnm786 at 7:54 PM on Aug. 3, 2009