Anyone ever been prescribed Zofran for severe morning sickness?

did it help???
will i just feel nauseous and not be able to puke? that seems worse.

redderbedder

Asked by redderbedder at 7:58 PM on Aug. 3, 2009 in Pregnancy

• My mom got it for vertigo and it helped her.

Answer by gdiamante at 8:02 PM on Aug. 3, 2009

• Do me a favor; and message me if you can - I have been taking Zofran for the last 2 months the dissoluble ones - they work wonders, if I didn't take them my daughter wouldn't have survived; they've helped me eat, sleep, kill the nauseous feeling all together, because it got to the point where I couldn't keep water down, Zofran is my best friend at this moment, and if you have good insurance go and get your prescription filled at wal-mart - the prescription will only be 7 dollars. :)
    dorkish_face

Answer by dorkish_face at 8:02 PM on Aug. 3, 2009

• i hope it is as good to me!
    i can barely get out of bed sometimes.
    redderbedder

Answer by redderbedder at 8:08 PM on Aug. 3, 2009

• Yup I took it and it helped a little bit, no worse side effects. But I found out after my first child that my eletrolics were off and that was making me puke. So I found that 8 oz of gateraid or something similar worked best, that was on top of the 64 oz of water and juice I was drinking. I felt better with in min. and after months, it was soooo nice.
    DevilInPigtails

Answer by DevilInPigtails at 8:09 PM on Aug. 3, 2009

• I used it during my last pregnancy. I worked wonders, took all the nausea and vomiting away.
    benjamink

Answer by benjamink at 8:13 PM on Aug. 3, 2009

• yeah with both and no it didnt help me laot i still lost 15lbs with my first and 10 with my second. i was still in and out the hospital for dehydration which cuz prenature contractions. but i know some friends that worked for them
    piwife

Answer by piwife at 8:23 PM on Aug. 3, 2009

• i took zofran, but it gave me massive headaches to where i couldnt even function...i would get the phenogrin gel, put it on my wrist as soon as i woke up (didnt even get out of bed of sit up) lay there for about 15 minutes, then take the zofran...
    StacyDeAnn

Answer by StacyDeAnn at 8:58 PM on Aug. 3, 2009