IS IT TOO EARLY TO MOW.....

I HAD MY 2 WEEK CHECK UP SINCE HAVING MY SON TODAY AND TOTALLY FORGOT TO ASK THEM, IM DYING TO DO YARDWORK.. THEY SAID I WAS ALL GOOD BUT DIDNT KNOW IF I WAS STILL ON THE LIFTING RESTRICTIONS. WHAT DO YOU GUYS THINK... AND IF IT MATTERS I HAD A C-SECTION AND NO STAPLES I WAS GLUED...

ALLIE637

Asked by ALLIE637 at 7:58 PM on Aug. 3, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• i think you'd be fine mowing the yard, just take it a bit easy on the bending over and up quickly thing b/c it'll hurt eventually. as for the lifting, by now lifting your son in his carseat probably exceeds the 15 lb limit (that was my limit and my dd and my ds both exceeded that limit when in their carseats and lifting the seat w/them in it, way before the "restrictions" were gone) but if they said everything is good and you feel up to it. give it a try
    vabchmommy

Answer by vabchmommy at 8:01 PM on Aug. 3, 2009

• I'd say it's too early. Call your doc.

Answer by gdiamante at 8:02 PM on Aug. 3, 2009

• if u tore open, how would that make you feel? i would think not.
    ranedare

Answer by ranedare at 8:02 PM on Aug. 3, 2009

• You had a 2 week check not a 6 week check. Generally speaking you should wait the whole six weeks. I know that I would b/c I wouldn't want to tear. You had MAJOR surgery. If you really want to get out there call your doc and ask.
    coala

Answer by coala at 8:11 PM on Aug. 3, 2009

• dont push yourself! your body needs time to heal and rest! they dont even approve driving for 6 weeks after a cesarian. try to enjoy being lazy... it will be all over soon!
    bettylou420

Answer by bettylou420 at 8:30 PM on Aug. 3, 2009

• Don't do it. When I had my c-section, I felt good after 2 weeks also, so I was all over, doing laundry, going to the mall, lifting a stroller in and out of the car. All of a sudden I "relapsed" and was hurting so much, and then didn't get over it until 3 weeks later. Give it another couple of weeks, you will regret it.
    LilyandEmmasMom

Answer by LilyandEmmasMom at 8:37 PM on Aug. 3, 2009

• It is definitely too early to mow a lawn 2 weeks post c section! It doesn't matter how good you feel, you will regret it afterwards, and will probably cause some damage too. Do you want your wound to split open from the inside out??
    mnt_2_b_mommy

Answer by mnt_2_b_mommy at 9:31 PM on Aug. 3, 2009