can i speak a truth to you, those who aren't christian, and to some who are??

i say 'truth' because as a christian, i believe the Holy Scriptures to be inspired of God. lately, i see a lot of bickering (nicer word than what i've witnessed in this section), and total insanity..mostly stemming from one person (and her one or two bffs) who apparently loves to provoke, so much to the point that even non-christians are preaching the Word to her..and rightly so!
my truth? from ephesians 4:31...''Get rid of all bitterness, rage and anger, brawling and slander, along with every form of malice.''
We must get rid of bitterness toward people. Bitterness leads to revenge. We must get rid of rage and anger. Anger that has turned to rage is not good anger. We must get rid of fighting. We must stop slandering people by gossiping about them. We must get rid of every form of malice. (cont...

thehairnazi

Asked by thehairnazi at 8:00 PM on Aug. 3, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• I think it's great that those of us who would normally never talk or see each other in some of these threads have pulled together to try to stop the few that have escaped the mental ward.

OP -aka thehairnazi.. love the passage, totally fitting right now. thankfully this has been a very peaceful post since the trolls haven't butted in. :)

I agree with kristi.. every time they post, we should just start passing the food. (the trolls must be really fat women, see the food, run to the fridge, see the food, run to the fridge..)
    xxhazeldovexx

Answer by xxhazeldovexx at 10:54 PM on Aug. 3, 2009

• WELL SAID!

Answer by gdiamante at 8:01 PM on Aug. 3, 2009

• (cont...)
    What is “malice? The dictionary defines it as:

… The intention or desire to cause harm (as death, bodily injury, or property damage) to another through an unlawful or wrongful act without justification or excuse.

… Wanton disregard for the rights of others or for the value of human life.

… An improper or evil motive or purpose.

Actually, i wanted to say something snarky about 'giving the devil a foothold' concerning the goings on lately here at CM..but...that wouldn't be prudent. That's all i have to say..
    thehairnazi

Answer by thehairnazi at 8:02 PM on Aug. 3, 2009

• So pretty much you're saying to ignore the trouble makers and pass the cookies? I'm game!

http://www.mariabellasweets.com/images/pics/cookie1.jpg

KristiS11384

Answer by KristiS11384 at 8:02 PM on Aug. 3, 2009

• You can speak it, but don't expect everyone to listen. I agree with what is said. I don't follow the bible though so quoting scriptures to me isn't going to get us anywhere. Tell me what your "truth" says in your own words, be respesctful ( and I believe you are in this case), and maybe I will listen.
    2autisticsmom

Answer by 2autisticsmom at 8:05 PM on Aug. 3, 2009

• Amen. I couldn't agree with you more....
    lighthousemom3

Answer by lighthousemom3 at 8:05 PM on Aug. 3, 2009

• Hey kristi, can I still have some cookies or am I now on your "do not speak to this person" list?? I'm game too.
    2autisticsmom

Answer by 2autisticsmom at 8:07 PM on Aug. 3, 2009

• well, yes..because we all know who she..i mean, they are. i know its hard to do, but i really miss the good debating! i know we're all different in our beliefs, but it seems one person is running/ruining the whole section...
    btw..i'd rather have that devil's food chocolate cake i saw on here this weekend! lol but cookies will do!
    thehairnazi

Answer by thehairnazi at 8:08 PM on Aug. 3, 2009

• Go ahead an include Ephesians 4:29 in that, too (it goes along with it), because I think that its something many people could do to hear.
    =)
    bandgeek521

Answer by bandgeek521 at 8:09 PM on Aug. 3, 2009

• but it seems one person is running/ruining the whole section...

Not really. It's rather interesting if you take a closer look. Everyone, Christians, pagans and atheists, even ones who generally disagree about everything have come together multiple times in the past few days to speak up against the troll brigade. They're like Hitler and Mussolini - so vile they've caused the uniting dozens of otherwise separate entities in a cause for the common good.
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 8:10 PM on Aug. 3, 2009