• In the Spotlight:

when did it become ok for kids to have kids?

i know a few teen girls who are tryin to get pregnant and act like its ok to be a mom so young what happened to be a normal teen? i would of been horrified if i got knocked up in high school and was more worried about my studies not havin babies

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:06 PM on Aug. 3, 2009 in Relationships

• since way before u were alive

ppl didnt have kids at 30
    it was always as soon as u got ur menstrual cycle, even if that mean 13
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:08 PM on Aug. 3, 2009

• Let people make their own stupid choices as long as it doesnt directly affect me then I dont care
    Anonymous

• I don't think that it is okay for babies to have babies. Most teens don't even know how to care for themselves properly and have and all about me mindset. That doesn't change until you are well into your twenties. That is not to say that a teen can't be a great mom b/c most can, but they really should finish growing up first.
    coala

Answer by coala at 8:08 PM on Aug. 3, 2009

• What happened to being a normal teen? Since the beginning of time people have been having babies in their teens. Its just our western views that made it not okay for teenagers to have babies. Teenagers can be just as good mothers as 40 year olds. You just have to put in the effort.
    littlemomma899

Answer by littlemomma899 at 8:11 PM on Aug. 3, 2009

• It happened along time ago. Our ancestors had our ancestors when they were 12 to whatever age. In today's society, it's not "allowed" because it's not "natural". Guess what!??! The practice is older than all of us.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:11 PM on Aug. 3, 2009

• I live in Marion Co. I work in Owen Co. I've noticed that a LOT of women down there had kids at 14-17 dropped out of school got a GED and now have a hard time holding down a job.
    It's a huge trend I know a hand full that have done it and want me to create a resume that makes them look good and smart to boot. Well no computer experience, no real job experience, no education etc. makes it hard.
    Girls need to think before they act. I was 20 when I had my son and still graduated high school and college!
    polkadotpudding

Answer by polkadotpudding at 8:12 PM on Aug. 3, 2009

• Our society has turned childbirth and parenting into an idea that everyone is scared of. Back in the day, it wasn't ok to decide not have children, no one did it anyway. They wanted to fulfill their duties as women in the tribes. Back then, their men were hands-on hard workers. We didn't have the things we have now to "help us" when they hinder us. My grandpa, until the day he died, cared for his farm with hired hands on land that was handed down over the generations from the days of the great land run. He married his wife when she was 16 years old and she was a wife and mother, not a "business professional". This world has become industrialized and we don't depend on each other the way we should.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:17 PM on Aug. 3, 2009

• shouldnt education be more important than un protected sex? i feel bad for you moms who think its ok for a 14 or 15 to have babies. what would you do if your child came home pregnant?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:18 PM on Aug. 3, 2009

• op here
    i just think kids need to spend time being a kid doin sports band ect whatever they are interested not tryin to be parents so young
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:21 PM on Aug. 3, 2009

• Throughout history girls got married as young as 11 or 12 once they started their menstrual cycle they were married and having children. Thats how it was, part of was socioeconomic, the younger they started having children the longer they could have them and the more children a man would have to work his farm, business, whatever, especially when you considered their life expectancy was only 40 or 50 years. Now that being said that was a time when one had to grow up fast period now our children can be children for the entire childhood and should be !!! I dont think the girls of todya (in general) are truly as ready as girls centuries ago were/are to have babies our lives make it impossible for them to be that mature at the same age.
    elananme

Answer by elananme at 8:22 PM on Aug. 3, 2009