6 year old constantly eatting...

my 6 year old little cousin is ALWAYS EATTING!! it would be ok to me if he was eatting real food but all he wants is cakes and cookies and ice pops!!... he was promised by his father some doughnuts so in the morning he took him to get doughnuts. there was 12 in the box and needless to say, i didnt even get one. he ate almost all of them. yesterday we went to our grandmother's house because she cooked sunday dinner. he didnt eat the food (the real food) but he had cookies and milk after. and was begging for someone to go to mcdonalds or to have chinese food. i also brought a box of freezer pops yesterday and ive only had one. needless to say, they are almost gone too because of him. how do i get him to STOP EATTING SO MUCH?!?!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:11 PM on Aug. 3, 2009 in School-Age Kids (5-8)

• only offer him healthier snacks. He only gets away with it b/c he is allowed. Offer carrot sticks and celery stick with peanut butter and raisins. It cuts the sweet tooth and is much healthier than the junk he is eating.
    coala

Answer by coala at 8:13 PM on Aug. 3, 2009

• tell his father you are concerned and suggest he quit buying crud and only have healthy foods

suggest they only let him eat at specific times (i.e. breakfast, mid morning snack, lunch, mid afternoon snack, dinner)
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:51 AM on Aug. 4, 2009

• I was going to say my son eats a lot too but then I read the post and OMG! My son would never eat 12 doughnuts because he wouldn't be allowed to! Sounds like his parents need to step up and tell him no and make him eat real food. I don't think there is anything you can do about it though. He eats so much because he can and he eats crap because he can. If all he was allowed was healthy foods, I guarantee he would eventually eat!
    TanyaR1024

Answer by TanyaR1024 at 10:32 AM on Aug. 4, 2009

• Stop buying junkfood for a while. By the end of next year, one half of American children will be both overweight and undernourished. One third of American children will develop type 2 diabetes in their lifetime.

Frozen berries, frozen mashed banana and frozen grapes are all healthy treats.

Start to transform your family's diet. Buy whole grains, like brown rice and whole wheat pasta, instead of their white counterparts. Eat more beans and lentils, and less meat.

Feel free to contact me for tasty, healthy, family and budget friendly meal ideas

Answer by rkoloms at 12:14 PM on Aug. 6, 2009