• In the Spotlight:

6 year old constantly eatting...

my 6 year old little cousin is ALWAYS EATTING!! it would be ok to me if he was eatting real food but all he wants is cakes and cookies and ice pops!!... he was promised by his father some doughnuts so in the morning he took him to get doughnuts. there was 12 in the box and needless to say, i didnt even get one. he ate almost all of them. yesterday we went to our grandmother's house because she cooked sunday dinner. he didnt eat the food (the real food) but he had cookies and milk after. and was begging for someone to go to mcdonalds or to have chinese food. i also brought a box of freezer pops yesterday and ive only had one. needless to say, they are almost gone too because of him. how do i get him to STOP EATTING SO MUCH?!?!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:11 PM on Aug. 3, 2009 in Just for Fun

• My son who is seven eats a hole lot when he is going through growing spurts but... not junk food.
    I limit his sugar intake, the parental guardian needs to set some limits to what he eats for junk food and make sure he eats healthier the healthier the food the more filling it will be for him, ( junk food is a lot of empty calories )
    CrystalPmom2

Answer by CrystalPmom2 at 8:15 PM on Aug. 3, 2009

• I would get a bull horn and when he goes to get his 10th ice pop I would yell "STEP AWAY FROM THE FRIDGE, WALK BACKWARDS TOWARD THE SOUND OF MY VOICE". Then I would tell him , sweetie you can't make sweets your meals. You need to eat good healthy food so that you can grow big and tall like your daddy". He shouldn't have access to the fridge like that.
    Mamasita98

Answer by Mamasita98 at 8:25 PM on Aug. 3, 2009

• I would tell him no and not have any in the house. He will resist, and throw some tempertanrum. Stay strong, he will not starve himself. Make a really yummy and healthy meal, cheese is always a big hit in our house, so is spagettie. Since he is 6 let him make himself a meal and only give healthy options. He will come around, also if you and hubby are eating healthy this will encourage him more then anything. I would also ban the fast food till he has healthier eating habits. Good luck
    DevilInPigtails

Answer by DevilInPigtails at 8:53 PM on Aug. 3, 2009

• Just don't let him have access to the junk. If he is at your house let it be known the rules and stick to them. It's sad his parents are letting him just eat all the time like that. I feel trainging a kid to learn portion control is very important. I didn't have parents who controlled my portions and I am struggling to this day because of it.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:28 PM on Aug. 3, 2009