• In the Spotlight:

How was ur 1st time driving??

Today was the 1st time I drove..
I drove b4 but never 35 mins there and back, I am 20 years old and I am scared to death too drive! I was driving in a back road and my 15 year old brother was telling me how too drive!
my the roads where a blur to me for some reason, ugh why am I so scared to drive!? I have to learn because I have kids and I can't depend on my BF

effie777

Asked by effie777 at 8:22 PM on Aug. 3, 2009 in Just for Fun

• Oh yea may I add this is embarrassing to even talk about =[[
    effie777

Answer by effie777 at 8:24 PM on Aug. 3, 2009

• i was 11 when i first drove but we lived on a farm so kinda had to drive to help with the farm work
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:25 PM on Aug. 3, 2009

• oooh hun you need to be driving with someone who has more experience!! does he have a license? be careful, you should see if you can take driving classes.
    staciandababy

Answer by staciandababy at 8:26 PM on Aug. 3, 2009

• I think its very responsible that you've waited as long as you have because your fear.
    I have a fear of driving now, but it was because of an accident I was in.
    driving will get easier with more experience, good luck!
    JnCV

Answer by JnCV at 8:26 PM on Aug. 3, 2009

• Awww. Well, I used to be fine driving, I drove 6 hours back and forth to my parents' house in FL and mine in GA with no problem. Suddenly, something happened to one of my kids and I had to drive an hour to the hospital to be with them and think about the other who couldn't be with me, and I developed anxiety, which turned into agoraphobia (avoiding things that give you anxiety, i.e. driving). I literally force myself to drive to the OB for my prenatal check ups now, and its hard. It's all normal from the stress I experienced. Did you experience any stress that might be causing you fear to drive?
    tnm786

Answer by tnm786 at 8:27 PM on Aug. 3, 2009

• I was like maybe 9 or 10 the first time I sat on my dads lap and drove down the street. Well, I just steered his foot was on the pedal lol. But I was 15 and had my permit the first time I drove myself. I thought it was cool.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:27 PM on Aug. 3, 2009

• I had to drive because we had to drop off the car I was driving had to be parked at my moms house and I was going to ride back with my BF. My brother is a really good driver believe it or not. he says he is my older brother cuz I am only 5'0 lol,
    effie777

Answer by effie777 at 8:32 PM on Aug. 3, 2009

• I was 15 and I must say I picked it up really well. I even went on to drive 40 ft long conventional and transit buses. The one thing is for the life of me I could park a bus in reverse (maybe because of all the mirrors) but I cannot back in to my driveway or any parking space! GRRR
    Mamasita98

Answer by Mamasita98 at 8:35 PM on Aug. 3, 2009

• no not any stress [I think]
    I guess I am paranoid out hitting something or something hitting me
    effie777

Answer by effie777 at 8:50 PM on Aug. 3, 2009

• I dont drive yet either ! Because of anxiety ! Im too scared to even try ! But it is my goal to learn by spring !
    glamomomo

Answer by glamomomo at 10:19 PM on Aug. 3, 2009