Get Your Dirty Hands Off My Baby!!!!!!!!!!!!

This drives me crazy!!! Why do total strangers feel a need to put their dirt hands on infants? One of my friends once had a woman in a store stick her finger into her little boy's mouth. She claimed he "looked like he wanted to suck on her finger"! It took all of my friend's strength not to punch that woman in the face. So does strangers touching your young child annoy you too? If so, what do you/have you said when it has happened?

rebabeach2

Asked by rebabeach2 at 8:23 PM on Aug. 3, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I mean if it is a touch on the hand then that is fine, my mom does that all the time to babies but if a stranger touched my baby on the face or put her finger in my dd's mouth I would flip, Please take ur unsanitized hand out of my dd mouth please she is young and still prone to infection
    kirsty_mcgrail

Answer by kirsty_mcgrail at 8:25 PM on Aug. 3, 2009

• oh my god. i would be disgusted.
    staciandababy

Answer by staciandababy at 8:27 PM on Aug. 3, 2009

• My kids are mixed, and I have had several people come up to touch my oldest daughters hair. What gives them the right to do that? She has very thick and coarse hair, and people often wonders how it feels, but to just go up and touch it, it really bothers me. I have on several occasions told people not to do that, and one lady got offended, so I asked her if she would like it if i just touched her hair.
    My daughter is now 7, and I make a point of asking her if they can touch her hair when they ask...she usually says no.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:28 PM on Aug. 3, 2009

• I think it's rude. I don't like to be touched by strangers, and I assume my baby doesn't, either. I know they have the best of intentions, but if they'd stop and think about anyone but themselves, maybe they'd see that most people don't like it.
    apexmommy

Answer by apexmommy at 8:29 PM on Aug. 3, 2009

• We were eating at our favorite chinese restaurant one day. One of the waitresses walked up and picked our daughter right up. I was like "Um. Okay?"
    caitxrawks

Answer by caitxrawks at 8:31 PM on Aug. 3, 2009

• Well there is to the extreme when my aunt made me take a full shower before i held her first born. LOL. I do think anyone even family should wash their hands before and after touching a newborn to avoid spreading germs. I def. think strangers have NO business touching any babies especially w/out permission. Just my thoughts.
    team21

Answer by team21 at 8:32 PM on Aug. 3, 2009

• My hand usually goes right up to wherever their hand is going. If they just stroke my babys arm, my hand is right there too. That usually gvies people a non-verbal warning that I'm very cautious and aware of the fact they are touching my baby. They usually get the message. The wost I've ever had happen was once while waiting in a restroom at a restaurant a lady came out of the stall and before washing her hands she came up to my son and just pet his arm. He pretty much had a bath in the sink as soon as she left lol.
    jessicarae787

Answer by jessicarae787 at 8:33 PM on Aug. 3, 2009

• ugh...Im going to be carrying around wet ones for this purpose
    Dom123123

Answer by Dom123123 at 8:36 PM on Aug. 3, 2009

• I actually have no problem with it...within reason. Someone sticks their finger in my child's mouth? Yeah, we're gonna have a problem! My son has curly hair and people are often touching his curls. I don't mind.
    ivansmom07

Answer by ivansmom07 at 8:38 PM on Aug. 3, 2009

• i agree with ivans.. i mean in the large scheme of things its not life threatening.. with a simple hand holding or arm pet.. but no fingers in the mouth thats icky
    hottietottie455

Answer by hottietottie455 at 8:41 PM on Aug. 3, 2009