havent interviewed for a job in over12 years

Now I have an interview for a part time sanity saver job in retail. Now in stressing over an interview.

I have been a SAHM for the past 4.5 years and was in a supervisor at a University for 8 years before. I have conducted plenty pf interviews but things can change fast in what an employer is looking for.

Any tips?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:31 PM on Aug. 3, 2009 in Money & Work

• First, what's a sanity saver? Second, even when applying for a retail position, the interview process is different. They will interview you, maybe as a group of 2 or 3, or maybe by yourself. But after the interview they will also probably want to do a background check. I suppose this is due to the fact that so many people have had criminal records and stolen money or merchandise. Anyway, I have an interview with a city department as an entry level secretary. I have been agonizing over the interview process for this position, but I know that knowledge is power (and confidence building). I went to the library and got some books on interviewing for success. A good one is NEXT-DAY JOB INTERVIEW by Michael Farr and Dick Gaither. (www.jist.com) or INTERVIEW FOR SUCCESS by Caryl and Ron Krannich, Ph.Ds (www.impactpublicatons.com)(www.winningthejob.com)
    PSMother

Answer by PSMother at 12:01 AM on Aug. 4, 2009

• Also go online and research the company. I did this before I interviewed with New York & Co. and the manager said she was very impressed that I had researched it and knew what the company stood for, etc. You can also google "job description" and whatever the title is, or "duties of ..." and see if you can't find out more about what you might be doing. It always helps to go into the interview prepared. Oh, and don't forget to review in your own mind what your strengths and skills are so when they ask a related question you aren't caught off-guard!
    PSMother

Answer by PSMother at 12:06 AM on Aug. 4, 2009

• good luckJust be yourself...

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:16 AM on Aug. 4, 2009

• Don't lie
    Don't be nervous
    Don't leave there without full knowledge of what the job entails
    Don't forget to ask questions
    Don't ever let them see you sweat!
    dbrooks91

Answer by dbrooks91 at 2:15 AM on Aug. 4, 2009