OMG She stole my breastmilk!!

So my friend came over and we were talking about nursing. We both nurse. my son is almost 6 months and her baby is 3 months. she was complaining about how she couldnt pump anything to store for the baby. and she has some stuff coming up where she will need a sitter. I really dont pump but i did have a 2 week period where my son was on a feeding tube and i pumped like crazy. so i have a good supply. my friend knows i have a lot of frozen milk. well after she left(next day) i went to get something out of the freezer and about 80 oz is gone! WTH? i would have given it to her if she asked.
what would you do? Confront her? casually bring it up? its just so weird to me.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:32 PM on Aug. 3, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Oh my goodness thats weird

say, next time u take my breast milk let me know first or just dont come over again

thats so rude, and gross to me, but also so rude
    Dom123123

Answer by Dom123123 at 8:39 PM on Aug. 3, 2009

• She must have been desperate. I would tell her if you need milk then just let me know. Say it low key and very friendly.
    DevilInPigtails

Answer by DevilInPigtails at 8:39 PM on Aug. 3, 2009

• ewwwww, heck of weird! Ask her.
    kirsty_mcgrail

Answer by kirsty_mcgrail at 8:39 PM on Aug. 3, 2009

• thats gross why would someone steal someone elses mommy juice and feed it to their kid?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:40 PM on Aug. 3, 2009

• Personally, I'd end the friendship. Anyone who steals from me -- no matter what it is --- isn't a friend.
    Laura1229

Answer by Laura1229 at 8:59 PM on Aug. 3, 2009

• Wow that is weird.
    Like first of all she stole, and second of all she stole MILK. Pumping is a pain in the butt and wow 80oz?? that is alot.
    BambiF

Answer by BambiF at 9:02 PM on Aug. 3, 2009

• Tell her you know she took it and that you don't appreciate her taking it. But I agree with someone else who said she must have been desperate. If you have it to spare and still consider her a friend, tell her to just ask next time.
    benjamink

Answer by benjamink at 9:06 PM on Aug. 3, 2009

• Ditto to what Laura said.
    Christine0813

Answer by Christine0813 at 9:14 PM on Aug. 3, 2009

• IM WITH EVERYONE ON HERE WHEN THEY SAY CONFRONT HER BUT DONT DO IT UNLESS YOU ARE SURE SHE DID IT. MAKE SURE NO ONE ELSE THREW IT AWAY OR SOMETHING. AND CHECK ALL OVER YOUR FREEZER AGAIN JUST TO MAKE SURE IT ISNT THERE. BUT YEAH IF YOU ARE 100% POSITIVE I WOULD DEFINITLY SAY SOMETHING. THAT IS GROSS AND IT ACTUALLY MAKES ME KINDA FEEL BAD FOR HER, IF SHE CANT SUPPLY SHE NEEDS TO GET FORMULA.
    ALLIE637

Answer by ALLIE637 at 9:19 PM on Aug. 3, 2009

• No chance your dh tossed it out? It truly is odd but not if she's desperate. I haven't a clue what to say.
    jeanclaudia

Answer by jeanclaudia at 9:23 PM on Aug. 3, 2009