Do you think this is wrong?

So, I was watching Inside edition today..... heard that the bride who's new husband fell off the cruise ship and died is getting remarried..... There is still some speculation that she was involved, but the cruise line actually paid her 1 million for his death...

Anyway, it showed an interview with the parents of the man who died. They were criticizing her because 2 1/2 months after he died she came over to eat at their home......... and she mentioned that should would like to try to "get on with her life." (Basically it sounded like they were saying that because she said she would "like to get on with her life" just 2 1/2 months after died, that she is responsible for his death........

Anyway, my questions is this: do you think that's wrong to say that just 2 1/2 months after your newly husband dies?

Personally, I think it's probably a good thing to say you want "to get on with your life"!!!!!!!!!
(cont..)

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:47 PM on Aug. 3, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• (cont)

I think it would be healthy to try to get on with your life a few months after your husband died.

I don't think its good for anyone to sit around and cry and feel sorry for yourself, you know? You need to take care of yourself and basically "get on with your life". And 2 1/2 months is a good amount of time after the death...... now if it was 2 1/2 weeks, that would be a different story...

Thoughts?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:49 PM on Aug. 3, 2009

• my brother was killed in a car accident about 2 1/2 months ago. there is no such thing as "getting on with your life" when something like this happens, when you truly care for the person. you just have to find a way to live with it. it isn't an incident that i can wrap up in a box and leave it in the past. it is always there and will never go away. yes, a person can have a good and happy life after an event like that but there will always be a hole in my heart now since my brother is gone. its permanent and real.

that lady may not have meant it in that way... maybe she just meant she was ready to try to be happy again.
    annelebar

Answer by annelebar at 9:29 PM on Aug. 3, 2009

• In a way, I can see it from her point of view. My mom died about 5 years ago, and my dad cleaned out her stuff less than a month later. He was ready to move on. YOu can't sit an grieve forever. At some point, you must move through your pain and ge ton with your life.
    christaberk

Answer by christaberk at 10:47 PM on Aug. 3, 2009

• I lost my child two and a half years ago, and I am STILL not "over" it....

You can't just get on with your life lke that, unless you just didn't care.....
    angelmama081007

Answer by angelmama081007 at 11:51 PM on Aug. 3, 2009

• WHAT?!?! Two and half months and it was your new HUSBAND..... sounds WAY fishy to me!!!

OMG i couldn't/ don't want to imagine that!. It would take me foreverrrrr if it all just "get on with my life"....

No way she ever really cared about him...
    JuLiAnSmOmMy317

Answer by JuLiAnSmOmMy317 at 12:45 AM on Aug. 4, 2009

• Who are we to judge, and why do we care to?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:53 AM on Aug. 4, 2009

• My friends husband just died in Afghanistan (in a really horrible way) and I doubt that she will be ready to just 'move on' in two months. She DID say (when someone asked her how she was) that she thought she'd be okay but right now, she didn't even know what to do. It seems like, in my friends case, that she KNOWS her life will go on but she is going to spend this time mourning him. She got a lot of money too and I still doubt she will be 'trying to get on with her life'. I guess it depends on how she meant it, to me. I'd be offended. My family would be offended if I said something like that two months after losing my husband. I get overly attached to people though so when I lose them, it's like losing a body part. But some people aren't like that. So who knows. I always thought this story was fishy too - I've kept up with this story for a while now. i saw the 'bride' on Oprah. She is a little weird anyway.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:25 AM on Aug. 4, 2009