who here...

is a proud formula fed mother and the ones who don't care what other people say and aren't scared to answer without pushing the anon button?? if you are scared don't be they are just opinionated as you are and don't let them get to you!!!! because honestly i could care less if someone says something to me!! stand up for the way you mother your children!!

ilovenoah26

Asked by ilovenoah26 at 8:52 PM on Aug. 3, 2009 in General Parenting

• I formula and breast fed the same baby and I am proud of the decisions I made.
    kirsty_mcgrail

Answer by kirsty_mcgrail at 8:53 PM on Aug. 3, 2009

• I breastfeed both of mine, and I am so happy I did...easy and free and perfect food for my kids!
    mom2twobabes

Answer by mom2twobabes at 8:58 PM on Aug. 3, 2009

• i bf-ed for 3 months, baby was 6 wks earlyand heavily pressured by nicu to bf- by pumping as he couldnt latch, had to go back to work at 3 months, went to form. he gained weight like he needed to and i had so much more time for him (pumping sucks and hurts) i liked formula better, it helped my child to get on the growth chart.
    AmaliaD

Answer by AmaliaD at 9:04 PM on Aug. 3, 2009

• my son was 5 weeks early also. i pumped for a month because he couldn't latch. i saw the LC every week and she couldn't get him to latch either, it was my nipples. and he had jaundice the whole time i was feeding him BM as soon as he went to formula it went away.
    ilovenoah26

Answer by ilovenoah26 at 9:10 PM on Aug. 3, 2009

• we were taught to breast feed BC its better. but my daughter had to have formula and me since the hospital. my son wasn't formula fed until he was 5 months old. also my daughter was 5 months old when she stop. So to me its the moms choice if she doesn't feel right with a baby on her boob so be it.
    chrstny88

Answer by chrstny88 at 9:11 PM on Aug. 3, 2009

• You want a cookie?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:15 PM on Aug. 3, 2009

• Sure a cookie sounds yummy.
    I formula fed all 4 of my kids by choice and I'm more then happy with my decision. I have 4 happy, healthy kids now. They are rarely ever sick and have never had more then a runny nose and a cough. In fact my younger two kids (now 6 1/2 and 3) have never seen their doctors for anything but well visits. And the only time my older two kids (now 9 and almost 8) have gone to the doctor other then well visits were for a sty and pink-eye.
    justanotherjen

Answer by justanotherjen at 9:21 PM on Aug. 3, 2009

• I formula feed my son, and I'm proud because i know i take care of him very well.
    I know that breastfeeding is best - I breast fed him at first, through the colustrum stage, because i really wanted to breastfeed.. but i didnt prepare for it. Through the short time of breastfeeding, my nipples cracked, bled,and even PEELED... it was a scary sight.
    i wish i could have stuck through it, but i dont believe anyone should "knock" anothers way of mothering their child!
    but altogether, i am proud because i know my son is well taken care of and i tried my best!!!!
    Samanthao2006

Answer by Samanthao2006 at 9:22 PM on Aug. 3, 2009

• I started out breastfeeding my son but me weighed over 9lbs at birth and was not getting enough to sustain him. So we switched to formula. He hasn't been to the doctor for any illnesses and he is 6months. Happy and healthy!!
    usmc0351wife

Answer by usmc0351wife at 9:42 PM on Aug. 3, 2009

• i breastfeed my babies. but i dont bash other mothers for their choice in how to feed THEIR baby. i do believe that breast is best though..just based on MY own experiences. it;s just more convenient for my life style. i do what i believe is best.

naturepeace

Answer by naturepeace at 9:56 PM on Aug. 3, 2009