• In the Spotlight:

ok ladies i need your husband bf's opinions and well yours too....

you think if a guy is jealous and controlling it means he loves his woman more? are guys really ok with his lady being friends with an ex or guys in general? do guys lie and say its ok when they really arent ok with his woman talkin to other guys?...are guys really just insecure boys?

i have this guy on myspace tellin me that no man is ok with his woman talkin to other guys esp ex's and the ones who are ok with dont really love their woman i say that if someome truely and whole heartedly loved their guy/lady that trust shouldnt be an issue what
do you gals and guys think?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:57 PM on Aug. 3, 2009 in Just for Fun

• hubby and his friend both said hes insecure himself
    hottietottie455

Answer by hottietottie455 at 8:59 PM on Aug. 3, 2009

• SO said, a man that controls his wife/girlfriend has a problem and is to insecure, and it will never change. And it usually tends to get worse as the relationship progresses. I agree and disagree I guess, I have been in relationships with very possessive men, that will never change, and a few controlling ones that I got to ease up a bit, but truthfully never truly changed that much.

JnCV

Answer by JnCV at 9:03 PM on Aug. 3, 2009

• i think when they are jealous and controlling it means they feel their wife might leave and they are scared. My bf said Hes not the jealous type so he doesnt know. As for guy friends we both think that we are goin to have friends of the opposite sex no matter if its an ex or not. My bf says its ok to talk to guys bc im goin to no matter what and theres no reason to lie. I dont mind him talkin to other girls he does it a lot when he hides it then theres a problem. A LOT of guys are insecure boys but then again a lot act grown.
    BOTTOM LINE I TRUST MY BF AND MY BF TRUST ME. WE TALK TO EACH OTHER ABOUT EVERYTHING. HE TALKS TO HIS EX A LOT AND IM FINE WITH it. HE HAS NEVER GONE TO SEE HER OR ANYTHING. AND AS LONG AS HE TRUST ME NOT TO SLEEP WITH MY KIDS DAD OR ANYTHING THEN I THINK WE ARE DOIN PRETTY GOOD.
    chrstny88

Answer by chrstny88 at 9:03 PM on Aug. 3, 2009

• My boyfriend knows that I am friends with a couple of exes, and a few guys that I never dated. He's told me he's a little bothered by my exes that are friends, but other than that, I am a grown woman and perfectly capable of making my own choices when it comes to my friends, just as he is. He has female friends as well, and I am fine with that, so long as they stay friends and don't try to go beyond that. He says that he thinks that all guys are different when it comes to how they feel about their girlfriend/wife being friends with guys/exes, but that any man who tries to control her and choose her friends for her has huge problems and she should rethink the relationship. I tend to agree with him.
    tropicalmama

Answer by tropicalmama at 9:44 PM on Aug. 3, 2009

• I'd ask my husband but I dont think I could keep his attention for that long..
    mumma28

Answer by mumma28 at 9:45 PM on Aug. 3, 2009

• I have guy friends and my husband doesn't care, although none of them are ex's. I was in the Navy for 10 years and worked only with men the last 3.5 so naturally a lot of my friends were guys and I'm still friends with them. Oh, I do have one ex that I chat with on IM about once or twice a year for maybe 5 minutes. Just a - hey how's it going? fine here, you? type of communication with him. I even had a guy roommate when my husband and I started dating and continued to live with that guy for 2 years until I went to shore duty and my husband (fiance at that time) and I moved in together. So to answer your question, we think the guy needs to chill out. It doesn't mean he loves her more, it means he's insecure or on a power trip.
    Christina807

Answer by Christina807 at 10:36 PM on Aug. 3, 2009

• sounds insecure
    proleynot

Answer by proleynot at 10:55 PM on Aug. 3, 2009

• If he really loved and trusted you and was totally secure in your relationship it wouldn't bother him.
    Peanut342

Answer by Peanut342 at 12:11 PM on Aug. 4, 2009