Any tips on Potty training?

I have a strong willed very intelligent 2 1/2 year old that is not interested in potty training. She will hold her pee for hours. It is getting the best of me.

maddismom1121

Asked by maddismom1121 at 9:03 PM on Aug. 3, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• I've always been told best time is summer after their 2nd . Helps to do alot of talking ahead of time. Might try giving treats for doing it each time. My sister n law did it with stickers with one of her boys but the other boy didn't really care about that so she still working on it. good luck
    Shaqbe4u

Answer by Shaqbe4u at 9:37 PM on Aug. 3, 2009

• I FIRMLY believe each kid decides when they're ready and no amount of bribing, coercing, begging, pleading will work if they're not ready. My son had NO interest in it and then 1 day 2 weeks before his 4th birthday he decided he was over the diapers and never looked back. We took every suggestion and nothing worked. My daughter on the other hand was VERY easy and is only 26 months old and fully trained. We did the same things with her and they worked like a charm. Give her time, be patient and try not to push too hard...it only makes them rebel more! (at least that's what I've seen!)
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:55 PM on Aug. 3, 2009

• My oldest daughter was 18 mths when I potty trained her, but my youngest daughter was almost 2 1/2. She knew when she needed to go but would stand behind a ficus tree instead of going to the potty. My granddaughter, who will be 2 in Aug., has been ready for 3 months now. She will go pee on the potty but will have a fit if you try to make her poop. Every kid is different, you just have to find out what works for you.
    Peanut342

Answer by Peanut342 at 12:05 PM on Aug. 4, 2009