My husband is going to the navy in a year.

Its not for another year but i am still kinda scared. I dont know what to expect. everyone that we have talked to said that they love it, even being married. They say the benefits are great and pay. especially the reenlistment bonuses. Im just scared of where we are going to end up. if someone is in my same situation or they are navy wives please reply to my post.

proudmomof2007

Asked by proudmomof2007 at 9:07 PM on Aug. 3, 2009 in Money & Work

• I am an army wife, my husband joined right before i got pregnant, i know they are not the same thing, but if you message me i would be willing to help you however i can
    Laura_Cruz

Answer by Laura_Cruz at 9:14 PM on Aug. 3, 2009

• <--Navy daughter 18 yrs, Navy wife 28 years, Army Mom4 yrs, Army MIL 7 years...If you have a question just shoot me a note.
    GrnEyedGrandma

Answer by GrnEyedGrandma at 9:38 PM on Aug. 3, 2009

• I joined the Navy when I was 21 and wished to God that I had stayed in. I would have been retired 5 years ago instead of starting over at my age. The benefits are great, you don't pay for medical or dental, you get discount travel, get to live in other places without worrying about finding a job there. Make the most out of it. Go to the career couselor and learn about all of the programs that you can. I wish that I could turn back time, because I would definitely have gone to college while I was in. If your husband's first command is on a ship and it deploys, then everytime that he comes back will be like a honeymoon all over again. My husband was stationed on a fast frigate out of Pear Harbor and I was stationed at Barber's Pt., HI. with a squadron. Also, in boot camp there is a form that he will fill out called a dream sheet, he can pick 3 places that he would like to go. I picked Hawaii.
    Peanut342

Answer by Peanut342 at 11:57 AM on Aug. 4, 2009