do you ever feel selfish

if you exclusively BF and have never bottlefed your baby and your DH/SO never gets to feed him, they need time to bond with them too...

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:08 PM on Aug. 3, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• No not at all...dad can do lots of other stuff.
    BambiF

Answer by BambiF at 9:10 PM on Aug. 3, 2009

• I never did feel selfish although I do plan on this next baby coming to pump and let daddy help out.
    Bugsmommy1908

Answer by Bugsmommy1908 at 9:12 PM on Aug. 3, 2009

• when i was pregnant and i said i wanted to BF my hubby actually discouraged me from it because he wanted to be able to feed him too. i pumped for a month and switched to formula. he never latched, i met with the LC every week to help me and i finally quit. i feel like my hubby needed to bond with him too. sure he plays and reads to him but the mand needst he quiet time to bond where the baby is just eating and looking up at you and you can sing and talk to them
    ilovenoah26

Answer by ilovenoah26 at 9:13 PM on Aug. 3, 2009

• Nope. He can burp the baby, change the baby, cuddle the baby, bathe the baby, there are a BILLION other baby things he can be doing other than feeding.
    Arisce

Answer by Arisce at 9:18 PM on Aug. 3, 2009

• Seriously? Never. Daddy changes diapers, cuddles baby, sometimes bathes her, reads to her....he does everything I do, except ONE single solitary thing.
    milfalicious08

Answer by milfalicious08 at 9:18 PM on Aug. 3, 2009

• No. Why would I feel selfish? Dads can bond with a baby in many other ways. They can do the burping, cuddling, rocking, changing, bathing, etc. If for some reason the dad just HAS to feed the baby, that is what a pump is for.
    mnt_2_b_mommy

Answer by mnt_2_b_mommy at 9:35 PM on Aug. 3, 2009

• Nope. Daddy can bond with the baby in other ways.
    tyrelsmom

Answer by tyrelsmom at 10:16 PM on Aug. 3, 2009

• when we weren't using bottles, he would do more diaper changes and give the baths. we found ways for him to bond since he couldn't feed him.
    mommytobobby

Answer by mommytobobby at 11:16 AM on Aug. 4, 2009