Do you keep he baby in the room with you or let them go to the nursey...for those who have a hospital birth experience?

I am just wondering because the first time they hardly brought my daughter in the room, the second time I tried to keep my daughter in the room all the time but it made me even more tired. This time I am not sure what I want to do.

Brickhouse95

Asked by Brickhouse95 at 9:09 PM on Aug. 3, 2009 in Pregnancy

• I keep em in the nursery, I need those few extra days of healing to be on my game when its time to go home. I feel bad, but I really don't heal well after traumatizing effects on my body- even a cold knocks me to the floor.

The hosptial takes good care of baby, and I want to be the BEST I can be for my sons when I get home.

JnCV

Answer by JnCV at 9:13 PM on Aug. 3, 2009

• I wanted to keep her in the room but a nurse literally came into the room and begged me to let her take Aubree so I let her but she only stayed a few hours then right back to mommy she came, she wanted her because there was no babies there and she thought my dd was the most beautiful little girl she had seen besides her own

aubrees_mommie

Answer by aubrees_mommie at 9:14 PM on Aug. 3, 2009

• EACH HOSPITAL IS DIFFERENT. SOME HAVE NURSERIES OTHERS DONT. I KEPT BOTH MY KIDS WITH ME THEY ONLY LEFT THE ROOM FOR TESTING AND MY SON WHEN HE WAS CIRC.
    piwife

Answer by piwife at 9:14 PM on Aug. 3, 2009

• I kept my son in the room with me the whole entire time i was in the hospital the only time they could take him out was when he had to get his shots, and get circumsized other then that I kept him in there. I guess you could say I was parniod that someone would steal him. crazy right? I was sooooo tired. they say you should take those days to rest before you take your baby home but I just couldnt do it. I know my next child I will let the nurses handle him/or :)
    CarsBars08

Answer by CarsBars08 at 9:16 PM on Aug. 3, 2009

• It sounds like the two of us have had similar hospital birthing experiences. I would check with your hospital about their rules concerning the baby leaving the room. My hospital allowed my husband to push our baby in the basinette around the maternity wing, letting me get some sleep. I slept better knowing the baby was with a family member :)
    Connors.Mom

Answer by Connors.Mom at 9:18 PM on Aug. 3, 2009

• My hospital encourages "rooming in" for the infant and mother. I had my son in my room pretty much all the time, except for the last night we were there he had to be kept in the nursery for observation but they just brought him to me whenever he needed to be fed.
    mnt_2_b_mommy

Answer by mnt_2_b_mommy at 9:20 PM on Aug. 3, 2009

• I kept all 3 in the room with me. I breast feed and was afraid they give my baby a bottle. For me its not tiring bc all my kids sleep just about the entire time we are in the hospital. It isn't til we get home that they bf'd regularly. Really though its up to you. They can't keep your baby from staying with you.
    crazymom21

Answer by crazymom21 at 9:21 PM on Aug. 3, 2009

• My child didn't leave my room, she did'nt leave my sight from the minute she came out. I would keep the child in my room I don't care how tired I am have someone stay in the room with you. My SO stayed with me to help me out. Sleep comes second when children are born.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:23 PM on Aug. 3, 2009

• I kept mine with me and plan to do the same this time. I didn't wait 9 months for that little fellow to not be with him/her.
    TexasRDA

Answer by TexasRDA at 9:24 PM on Aug. 3, 2009

• Unless the mother REALLY needs the baby out of the room, they are supposed to stay with the mom all day other than for tests and check-ups. They will let you send your baby to the nursery from the hours of 11:00 pm - 6:00 am so the mom's can sleep. The lady across the hall had a very colicky baby. I swear the baby cried NON-STOP! At one point the mother screamed at the nurses to get the baby the hell away from her = / I felt bad for them both....
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:31 PM on Aug. 3, 2009