• In the Spotlight:

How long after Mirena removal should it take to menstrate?

I had Mirena for 2 years and never had a period during that time. We are now TTC and I'm confused!

I had my IUD removed July 8th, bled for 3 days, and now as of August 3rd I still have no period. I took a preg test on Aug 1 and it was negative.

My question is: Could I be pregnant, or is it normal for it to take a whi;e to start menstrating again after Mirena? Since I haven't had a period for 2 yrs, I don't know when to expect it.

Please Help!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:11 PM on Aug. 3, 2009 in Trying to Conceive

• Yes that is normal that you haven gotten a period yet. Yes you can get pregnet right after removal so just keep your finger crossed. But my friend did'nt have a period for almost 6 months after she got hers removed.
    raemommy

Answer by raemommy at 9:15 PM on Aug. 3, 2009

• Well I got mine removed July 16th after having it in for over a year with no period. I got my period the 18th thru the 22nd. So I still have yet to get another one. We are TTC too so I have my fingers crossed for the both of us. Good luck hon.
    Bamzakarat

Answer by Bamzakarat at 9:21 PM on Aug. 3, 2009