Has anyone used reusable cotton menstrual pads? Do you like them? How do they work?

I'm looking for alternatives to buying disposable. I'm using the Instead cups this month and trying the Diva cup next month but I want back-up protection in the form of a pad. They're too expensive for me to just purchase without opinions first so I appreciate any help.

benjamink

Asked by benjamink at 9:12 PM on Aug. 3, 2009 in Health

• I made my own with patterns I found online. I LOVE them! I swear, I will never go back again. They are so nice and comfortable! What I do is when I am done with one that is soiled I immediately rinse it out with cold water and then throw it in with my son's cloth diapers I need to wash. They are so simple and so nice. You can also buy online little wet bags for them when you go out. Just throw them in there and in your purse and take care of them when you get home.
    bluelady27

Answer by bluelady27 at 9:36 PM on Aug. 3, 2009

• Thanks bluelady! I usually use tampons because I don't like that "wet" feeling...how do you get around that?
    benjamink

Answer by benjamink at 9:46 PM on Aug. 3, 2009

• The cloth pads actually don't have as much of a wet feeling as normal pads, in my opinion. I make mine with an inner layer of towel and it absorbs much better. However, there is still that wetness but that is unavoidable.
    bluelady27

Answer by bluelady27 at 12:02 PM on Aug. 6, 2009