Is it safe to gove my 1 year old soy milk?

I switched him from soy formula too regular cows milk today and he woke up tonight with a bellyache. So i was wondering if soy milk is ok for him.

jham1211

Asked by jham1211 at 9:20 PM on Aug. 3, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• i don't know i know they have formula for kids up to 2 yrs which is soy but i don't think soy milk has the nutrients and fats like whole milk that kids need when growing
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:21 PM on Aug. 3, 2009

• Yes it is ok to give them Silk soy milk or any other brand
    My DD is 2.5 now and has had nothing but that. She is lactose intolerant and she does good on it. Some people believe that soy is better for them anyways (altho since i have not done the research on it I do not claim that). He will probably like it better anyways:)
    heather.darin

Answer by heather.darin at 9:27 PM on Aug. 3, 2009

• I give my daughter rice milk. but only because she had a milk AND soy protein allergy.. so we just skipped the soy. :-) She should be fine.. We actually had to supplement with some Pediasure so she'd gain weight. IT's what works for us.
    Skye-Angel

Answer by Skye-Angel at 10:51 PM on Aug. 3, 2009

• I do a combo of soy, rice, breast and cow's milk. My daughter gets a tummy ache with too much cow's milk so I like to rotate them around so she isn't get too much of one thing. Moderation is my advice.
    RyaMamaRN

Answer by RyaMamaRN at 4:05 AM on Aug. 4, 2009