• In the Spotlight:

Is it considered low class not to own a clock for your house?

I was talking to a friend and she said I was ghetto because I don't have a clock. I do have the time on my: cable box, DVD player, stove, microwave, thermostat, phone and cell phone. I use the alarm on my cell phone. I disagree with her. Do you?

benjamink

Asked by benjamink at 9:21 PM on Aug. 3, 2009 in Just for Fun

• we have a tiny little alarm clock on our stand in the living room, our cell phone and an alarm clock in our bedroom. i hate regular clocks because they tick and its hard to find a digital wall clock. i don't think its ghetto
    ilovenoah26

Answer by ilovenoah26 at 9:23 PM on Aug. 3, 2009

• I have a clock on my wall but I'm a low-class hooker lol

I actually don't have a clock on my wall. That's only for old folks lol
    a_and_j_momma

Answer by a_and_j_momma at 9:23 PM on Aug. 3, 2009

• Class has nothing to do with buying a wall clock or alarm clock lol That is absurd. If you have something that tells you the time then you're fine. Nothing low class about not having something you don't need. Your friend is wrong.
    SylviaNCali

Answer by SylviaNCali at 9:24 PM on Aug. 3, 2009

• nope tell her my clock is on my iphone bitch
    hottietottie455

Answer by hottietottie455 at 9:24 PM on Aug. 3, 2009

• Yeah I disagree with her. No its not ghetto but I just have to know the time. I have a clock in every room even the bathroom. lol clearly you have enough things to tell you the time at your house :)
    CarsBars08

Answer by CarsBars08 at 9:25 PM on Aug. 3, 2009

• Yeah, that's silly. Having a clock or not is personal preference only.

Answer by Bmat at 9:25 PM on Aug. 3, 2009

• That's just silly. What's the point of having an annoying ticking dust collector when you have a clock on the cable box, VCR, microwave, phone, etc. How many things do you need to tell you the time?
    We used to have a clock on our dining room wall. It was pale yellow plastic and a piece of junk...completely tacky, lol. It fell and broke a couple months ago. I still look over there for the time out of habit (because our DVD player and cable box don't actually show the time so there's nothing in the living room for the time except hitting the info button on the TV).
    justanotherjen

Answer by justanotherjen at 9:27 PM on Aug. 3, 2009

• My Mom was really poor growing up and they didnt own a clock. Well when she would go to a welthy persons home they had clocks. So she grew up thinking clocks were for the rich. Now as for me growing up my mom had so many clocks I didnt really pay attention to if anyone else had one or not. Heck I didnt even pay attention to all the clocks she had
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:28 PM on Aug. 3, 2009

• It would be a different situation if you were late everywhere you go and had no way to check time..yeah..then a clock of SOME kind is needed. Sounds like you're fine to me.
    GrnEyedGrandma

Answer by GrnEyedGrandma at 9:28 PM on Aug. 3, 2009

• those that u mentioned are the only clocks in our house that we use i have an alarm clock but never use it and im far from ghetto
    bonnie-jo

Answer by bonnie-jo at 9:30 PM on Aug. 3, 2009