So I use cloth diapers and menstrual pads...

would it be ridiculous to go the extra step for cloth wipes for my son and when I urinate? We are spending so much on toilet paper that we are considering cutting up old t shirts for wipes and using those for my pee and my baby and then buying the adult wet wipes for our bowel movements.

Is that weird?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:34 PM on Aug. 3, 2009 in Health

• You will probably spend more doing laundry that way. Wasting a lot of water to wash all that for sure. I can understand cloth diapers and pads... but wipes just seems like they would not be cost effective in the long run. ie: water usage, energy to do the extra laundry. Not to mention other sanitary issues that could arise. Sounds like a good idea until you run the numbers... then maybe not so good. ;o)

Morgain

Answer by Morgain at 11:46 PM on Aug. 3, 2009

• I think it's a damned good idea lol. Of course you'd have more laundry then. And make sure you keep some tissue around for guests.
    benjamink

Answer by benjamink at 9:36 PM on Aug. 3, 2009

• No, I don't think it's weird at all.
    Arisce

Answer by Arisce at 11:07 PM on Aug. 3, 2009

• The wet wipes are actually really bad on your sewer system or septic tank despite what the packaging says.
    Christina807

Answer by Christina807 at 11:29 PM on Aug. 3, 2009