what was the most effective way you found to loose your baby weight? Also, best way to stop eating when bored with the kids all day?

lucimom

Asked by lucimom at 4:38 PM on Jun. 18, 2008 in Diet & Fitness

• My mom said she lost all the baby weight after my brother by jumping rope. I need to try that!
    StarrMom2Xander

Answer by StarrMom2Xander at 4:41 PM on Jun. 18, 2008

• I Zumba!! I also try to keep healthy snacks on hand and if all else fails a spoonful of peanut butter always seems to do the trick!
    ceciliam

Answer by ceciliam at 4:55 PM on Jun. 18, 2008

• Eat healthy and exercise...I started taking the kids on walks and I got a bike and that helps.
    sweetmissy_05

Answer by sweetmissy_05 at 5:13 PM on Jun. 18, 2008

• I breastfeed and my weight just fell off and then some.
    blue_eyedmomma3

Answer by blue_eyedmomma3 at 6:24 PM on Jun. 18, 2008

• Run, walk, swim!! Cardio!

Drink lemon water, lemon naturally supresses hunger!
    Mother2oneboy

Answer by Mother2oneboy at 6:29 PM on Jun. 18, 2008

• i shed pounds by just making sure i ate every 2 to 3 hours - eat a cup of vegies or fruit, 2 ounces of meat (this fat will help you from feeling hungry too soon), 1 cup of rice or noodles or 2 slices whole wheat bread with jelly or butter (this will give you carbs for energy and also help you stay full longer).
    even if you feel full at the 2 to 3 hour mark be sure to eat this will keep your metabolism burning the food you intake and working off the fat in your body (if you dont eat at the 2 to 3 hour mark your body will start storing the food it gets cause it feels its recieveing a shortage and you will not loose anyhting)
    vakatia

Answer by vakatia at 6:55 PM on Jun. 18, 2008

• I started doing spin 2-3 times per wk. I'd been pretty athletic before my pregnancy, but found it EXTREMELY hard to lose the weight afterward doing what I normally did... spin was a life saver and likely a marriage saver! The weight started falling off even without drastically changing my diet... I try to get out of the house as much as possible doing things like going on walks to keep from snacking during the day. I've never been much of a bored eater, but I AM generally a hungry person! I also find that when the urge hits the best thing I can do to combat it is get on the scale! Works every time!
    AggieMamacita

Answer by AggieMamacita at 8:44 PM on Jun. 18, 2008

• i bfeed and i ate a lot of fruits and you can always eat healthy food and go for walk during day time or go window shopping. Or just eat veggie for some. and eat chicken.
    when your baby know how to walk you be ran after it.

I only gain 25 for the whole pregnant and was little over weight so i was watching what i was eating and was walking a lot and was eating a lot of veggie and do not eat what i was craving for
    mommytobe24

Answer by mommytobe24 at 11:20 PM on Jun. 18, 2008

• I hear you girl! It is so hard. A friend of mine just told me today that she drinks decaf green tea (iced) all day and she lost 10 pounds!
    kdemamiel

Answer by kdemamiel at 12:43 AM on Jun. 19, 2008

• Breastfeeding made me lose weight. Keep the junk out of the house and only have healthy foods. That way if you eat when bored at least it's something good for you.
    hohaas

Answer by hohaas at 10:57 AM on Jun. 19, 2008