MY 2 YR. OLD WON'T EAT!!

SO MY SON IS 2 AND HASN'T BEEN A GOOD EATER SINCE HE TURNED 1. HE IS SO PICKY. HE WILL EAT STRING CHEESE, CRACKERS, SOME APPLES AND GRAPES, AND ONCE IN A WHILE, CHICKEN. LATELY, HE HAS ONLY WANTED TO EAT CHEESE AND COOKIES. HELP! IF YOU HAVE ANY SUGGESTIONS, I WOULD GREATLY APPRECIATE THEM.

CARECARE04

Asked by CARECARE04 at 9:40 PM on Aug. 3, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• Try the drink Pediasure it helps open up childrens apettites. I still use them when my kids get in the no eating mood ...GL
    LatinMamiOf2

Answer by LatinMamiOf2 at 9:43 PM on Aug. 3, 2009

• Have you tried sliced deli meat like turkey, ham, and chicken breast.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:56 PM on Aug. 3, 2009

• kids go through phases my two year old is picky in the chicken stage their tastes for things change i found that when i eat somhing alot of the time he will want it because mommy is eating it as for the cookies and string cheese i would not offer the cookies or to much cheese however when he gets hungry he will eat, just give him some good alternatives he will come around. kids have alot of resilance he wont die from missing some cookies and cheese as long as you dont give in you will get through it good luck
    Rochelleyboo

Answer by Rochelleyboo at 10:10 PM on Aug. 3, 2009

• as long as he's gaining weight and healthy otherwise I wouldnt worry about it... but heres something I do for my 2 year old when he gets stuck... he LOVES and I mean LOVES milkshakes so I get a gallon of ice cream I put one scoop in the blender (then I sneaki in a handfull of blue berries/banana/strawberries/cantalope (whatever fruit I have) a tablespoon of wheat germ and of course milk tada!! He loves it he can drink them for days on end without touching anything else... but who cares he's healthy as an Ox
    MELRN

Answer by MELRN at 11:07 PM on Aug. 3, 2009

• My 13 month old is going thru a picky phase too...soo frustrating...

I usually offer at least one food I know she likes, and add a couple of other options. Tonight she barely touched her dinner. So I gave her some milk, and she drank that. She usually has a snack before bed, and so she ate then.
    Fallaya

Answer by Fallaya at 11:56 PM on Aug. 3, 2009

• my 18 mo old only wants cookies, cake, snack, hotdogs, cheese and "cicle" (popsicle)...I can't get him to eat a veggie to save my life...or meat or really anything not covered in sugar....my DD was the opposite...she'd ask for broccoli instead of chocolate....I don't know what to do
    mommyof035and6

Answer by mommyof035and6 at 12:07 AM on Aug. 4, 2009