will a 10 lb dog walking across my belly hurt the baby?

i dont let him do it, but sometimes he just does it when im not paying attention...and when he did it it kinda hurt...im 15 weeks pregnant

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:56 PM on Aug. 3, 2009 in Pregnancy

• I am not sure, you could call your doc and ask but think about proportions, when my baby was born, full term he weighted 7 lbs, 3 oz. your dog was 3 lbs heavier than my child. So, I think since you are not full term there is room but as the pregnancy progresses, I would discourage it if I were you. When in doubt check with your doc. and keep the dog outside if need be.
    bebita

Answer by bebita at 10:00 PM on Aug. 3, 2009

• I wouldn't worry too much. I have a dog whose almost 17 pounds. She's bad about laying on my belly. My son is two and he has kneed me, and kicked my belly. He's made my belly hurt bad and when I asked my doctor, he said he wouldn't worry too much. I bruise easily, and because my skin didn't bruise it wasn't a cause for worry. The baby is protected inside your belly. It'd take something stronger then a 10 pound dog to hurt your child, IMO... If you're still worried talk to your doctor at your next checkup
    momma_marian

Answer by momma_marian at 10:03 PM on Aug. 3, 2009

• I should add, my dog doesnt lay directly on my belly, just against it ( I sleep on my side)... And my son doesn't intentionally hit my belly. HIs dad will be playing from him and he'll run to me, and accidentally knee me where he's hyper and jumping around. It's all been accidental, and none of it was very hard.
    momma_marian

Answer by momma_marian at 10:05 PM on Aug. 3, 2009

• I doubt it, seeing as my 30 lb toddler jumping on my belly didn't do any harm to my baby. Hurt, though. And I didn't LET him do it, either. I swear, that child came bouncing out of nowhere.
    tyrelsmom

Answer by tyrelsmom at 10:07 PM on Aug. 3, 2009

• i don't think so... if it doesn't hurt YOU, it shouldn't hurt the baby... s/he is protected by a lot of fluid. but if it makes you uncomfortable, i wouldn't do it.
    annelebar

Answer by annelebar at 10:30 PM on Aug. 3, 2009

• my 9lb'r made her bed on my belly. it wasn't any big deal...
    matobe

Answer by matobe at 10:46 PM on Aug. 3, 2009

• No it will not. There is so much protection around that baby. It just hurts because your growing and your stuff if shifting
    GotToHaveFaith

Answer by GotToHaveFaith at 1:55 AM on Aug. 4, 2009