Delivery & Religious guests

When birthing your child did you allow a minister or religious figure in your delivery room? I'm Wiccan, and I found great comfort in allowing a very dear friend and High Priestess to stay in the room while I gave birth. Of course you'd have to be very comfortable with the person. I've known her for years, she's a mother herself, so there was no awkwardness in having her in the room.

SalemWitchChild

Asked by SalemWitchChild at 9:58 PM on Aug. 3, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• no i birth so long ago they didn't let hubby in for the first one cuz we wasn't married yet but it was just him in there for the second one cuz we was married then. If you want your friend in the room go for it. i would be in the room with a friend if asked
    mamak57

Answer by mamak57 at 10:23 PM on Aug. 3, 2009

• just my mom, and my dd's dad were in the delivery room :) (well and the doctors of course, but worst come to worst, I could have let DD's father deliver her at home, since he's done it before on calls, lol)
    xxhazeldovexx

Answer by xxhazeldovexx at 10:45 PM on Aug. 3, 2009

• My Preistess was my doula.
    MamaK88

Answer by MamaK88 at 12:08 AM on Aug. 4, 2009

• I only wanted my husband there.
    teamquinn

Answer by teamquinn at 1:36 AM on Aug. 4, 2009

• Well actually, I asked God to be with me all the way and I got through my natural child birth without screaming. Did I want to scream, the pain was so great I was not thinking about screaming just getting him out. Praise God he was healthy.
    sisterinChrist7

Answer by sisterinChrist7 at 1:55 AM on Aug. 4, 2009

• I would not allow anyone in the room accept for my DH a nurse and the dr. Otherwise I didn't think it was a place for others... With my second my mother ended up being there because the doctor told her to stay. I was (and continue to be) very upset by this... My mother had no right to be there! I don't think that's a place for an audience.

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 11:35 AM on Aug. 4, 2009