Is their anywhere in the Covington/Conyers/Stockbridge, GA area that is hiring??

It seems to be harder these days to support my family. My husband and I have been searching for a job now for many months. No luck. Everything seems to be in Cali or New York or some place too many miles away. Does anyone know of ANY job openings in the Covington/Conyers/Stockbridge, GA area?

BeautyUnknown

Asked by BeautyUnknown at 10:01 PM on Aug. 3, 2009 in Money & Work

• The unemployment rate keeps going up and it is very discouraging. I do have a few suggestions, though (I do career and job search coaching).
    Number 1 is networking; Cafemom is a start, but you need to actively seek out people and groups that can help you meet people who can connect you to someone hiring. Less the half of the available positions are posted on the job boards; you need to get out and find the others.
    Number 2 is having a great "elevator speech". This is a 15 second introduction on who you are and what you are looking for.
    Number 3 is a great resume that tells the reader who you are, what you can do, what you have accomplished, and how you can help.
    Number 4 is great coverletters tailored to the position/company.
    Number 5 is using one of the meta search sites, like Indeed or Simply Hired, to comb the job boards for you.

cont

Answer by rkoloms at 10:17 PM on Aug. 3, 2009

• Looking for a job is a full time job, and sometimes you need to be creative and design your own job.
    Do you have a former employer you could work for remotely? If you have a computer with high speed internet & Microsoft Office Pro & have at least intermediate MS Office skills, you should be able to find work as a virtual assistant (VA). For more information, go to www.ivaa.org.
    Do you have a skill or experience that you can turn into a home based business? I have a friend who makes children's hair accessories in her basement & sells them to boutiques around the Midwest. My husband runs a handyman business from our home. I work from home with two lines of business; I do freelance bookkeeping & business organization, in addition to coaching.
    Feel free to contact me directly if you have any questions about resumes, cover letters, job search strategy & interview preparation.

• Hi there, I live in Walnut Grove/Loganville so I am pretty close to you!!! Small world huh :)

I actually have my own home business and it is doing great with the economy right now.

The company is Ameriplan and they offer affordable Discount plans on things like Dental/Health benefits and Legal services, Financial Services and Retailers nationwide for dining, automotive and more.
    So it's things people really NEED right now with it being so tough.
    There is NO cold calling or selling and you will recieve a benefits package for you entire household. Daily Pay-Training online and through the phone-work your own hours-4 websites managed for you-and more.
    Let me know if you would like some more info :)
    ChristinaLDennis@gmail.com
    770-728-9938
    www.IBOPlus.com/ChristinaDennis
    Good Luck!!! You should stop by my page since we live so close to chat sometime :)
    ChristinaDennis

Answer by ChristinaDennis at 10:53 PM on Aug. 3, 2009

• I live in California, and trust me when I tell you that things out here are not sooo great. Now would be a perfect time for you both to get involved in a home business, I am involved with Financial Destinations Inc. take a look and see if it is a fit for you: http://www.gotfdibiz.com and click on the FDI Nation Live video's, watch them all, especially #10. I don't live near you, but I would love to have you join my team. When you watch the videos, you will see Al Powell, he is a key leader in our team. I can get you in touch with him, he will call you if you would like and if you have any questions he has an answer for you.

Feel free and contact me at anytime
    Doreen Ayala-Brooks
    951-283-2515 (lv msg or text)
    myfdibiz@live.com - http://www.gotfdibiz.com
    dbrooks91

Answer by dbrooks91 at 2:26 AM on Aug. 4, 2009