Ok more of a vent, but what the hell?!

My daughter is 20 months old now, I havent gotten my period since she was about 4 months old. Now I know everyone wants to say "Go to the doctor." I cant, I have no insurance, and barely any money, so for now that is out of the question. And my state does not have free clinics for adults. I would love to know what happened, why did my period just disappear? Can I still get pregnant? How do I know if Im pregnant if I have no period? UGGG!!! So confusing! And pls no one yell @ me for being poor, my husband was just laid off, I cant find a job anywhere that isnt a 3 hour commute...so life isnt easy at the moment. We were just recently offered state insurance, so I will be seeing a doctor as soon as we get approved. But can anyone help me out here? What is going wrong!?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:09 PM on Aug. 3, 2009 in Health

• Do you eat enough? Sometimes not eating or severely restricting your diet can make it disappear for good. Not to be mean, but are you really underweight?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:11 PM on Aug. 3, 2009

• Google "Community Health Centers" to find the master Web site of government-run health clinics that will see anyone, regardless of their ability to pay. You can drill down to find the location of a clinic near you.

Answer by rkoloms at 10:15 PM on Aug. 3, 2009

• lol...I wish I was underweight. But Im far from skinny @ almost 200 pounds. I eat a regular diet. Mostly organic foods, a lot of fruits, veggies, and whole weat. I also eat meat. I think my diet is pretty well rounded. I do drink a lot of coffee, like 3 cups a day, someone told me that could cause it to go away. But idk...
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:15 PM on Aug. 3, 2009

• your diet and sleep and stress levels can make your period do that. try eating and sleeping more and doing something that helps relieve your stress? If not then it could be something medical. GL
    gottalovemal

Answer by gottalovemal at 10:18 PM on Aug. 3, 2009

• hmm, just saw the responses. Sounds like you're doing everything right on your part!! Get that checked out asap (with the state insurance) and keep is updated!! GL!!
    gottalovemal

Answer by gottalovemal at 10:21 PM on Aug. 3, 2009

• I understand where you are coming from. Some women can have thyroid problems after having a baby and after a while it can effect your period. Maybe when you are able to go to the docter have them check it....if you are still having problems....Major stress can also effect your period. If you haven't been using protection maybe you can find a way to buy a pregnancy test....at least then you would know that....Some states have shelters....that offer, food, clothing....and so on .... but they also help women who are pregnant..... That might help you until you can go to the doctor....I hoped I helped some...Good luck and if you need sometime to talk to you can add me to your friends list....I have been through quite a bit myself....Good luck...
    rlapierre03

Answer by rlapierre03 at 10:22 PM on Aug. 3, 2009

• Thank you so much ladies for being kind and not bashing. My fiance, daughter, and I have a home to live in (his parents) and they are temp. helping us out with food and such. We have enough money saved up for us to eat. And buy clothes for my daughter. Its just the fact that an uninsured visit to the doctors costs $120 dollars...we need to save every penny we have pretty much only for our living needs. I just hope the state gets us approved sometime soon. Its really worrying me now. Its been almost 2 years. I mean...I wont lie, I dont miss the cramps and moodiness and all that other good stuff lol, but I know it cant be healthy to just not have a period at all. Unless Im going through menopause...0.o
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:28 PM on Aug. 3, 2009

• Go to the health department or planned parenthood, they both offer low cost or free screenings for female health issues. Apply for state insurance too. Both places will help you with the app.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 11:46 PM on Aug. 3, 2009