For moms with more than 1 child..

Did you have a baby shower for your 2nd child? If you did, was your 2nd child the same gender as your 1st?
THANKS FOR YOUR INPUT LADIES!

mommacierra

Asked by mommacierra at 10:25 PM on Aug. 3, 2009 in General Parenting

• Yes. My MIL threw me one, and she was the same sex as my 1st. I never had one for my 1st child (who had a different father) and I think she felt bad and wanted to throw me one. Plus, I hadn't saved any of my oldest's newborn stuff, thinking I wouldn't have more children, so it was very helpful, and she did a great job!
    tnm786

Answer by tnm786 at 10:31 PM on Aug. 3, 2009

• I had a baby shower with each of my children and I always throw showers for my friends when they are pregnant, regardless if it's their first or fifth. I believe every child is a blessing and deserves to be celebrated.
    Maryellen

Answer by Maryellen at 10:31 PM on Aug. 3, 2009

• Yes I had a shower for my 2nd child. When I had my 1st baby and baby shower my sis lived up north and missed that shower. When I was pregnant with my 2nd (2 yr later) she had moved back home and she threw me a shower. I did not have a shower for my 3rd-- even though he was born when my older ones were 9 1/2 and 7 1/2. With the 3rd my mom and my mil both took me out baby shopping and let me pick out what we needed for baby boy #3.
    MizLee

Answer by MizLee at 10:37 PM on Aug. 3, 2009

• I had a shower with all 3 of my kids and the first and second were both boys.
    imtheonlysane1

Answer by imtheonlysane1 at 10:37 PM on Aug. 3, 2009

• i did not but only because i was not around my family. If i was i would have had one because i had nothing from my first pregnancy. They are both girls.
    crystaleve29

Answer by crystaleve29 at 10:40 PM on Aug. 3, 2009

• No I didn't. I just had one with my first. My first was a boy as well as my second. My mom had said that if my second had been a girl she would've had a shower. I am now pregnant with #3, which is a girl. I didn't have a shower with family and friends but the girls at work did a little surprise shower for me which was really nice.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:08 PM on Aug. 3, 2009

• I have 2 daughters, and only had a baby shower for my first. Although, if someone would have offered to throw a shower for me, I wouldn't have complained!
    ginger813

Answer by ginger813 at 11:18 PM on Aug. 3, 2009

• I never had any baby showers. No one ever thought to throw me one.
    justanotherjen

Answer by justanotherjen at 12:00 AM on Aug. 4, 2009

• I did have a shower with my second one, but it was not until after my son was born. This way people could meet him for the first time and I could have some adult conversation.
    BrokenAquarius

Answer by BrokenAquarius at 12:34 AM on Aug. 4, 2009