Phone Interviews

I have a organization that has recently contacted me in regards to a job. They notified me by e-mail and said that they reviewed my resume and requested that I fill out an application for the job. I then did this step and earlier today recieved a phone call. The manager I spoke too asked if I was still interested in the job. After I told her that I was indeed still interested, she said that she would notify Human Resources so that later this week they could call and conduct an over the phone interview.I was a bit confused by this, but said "Okay, Thank you very much and I look forward to speaking with them.You have a good day now." I have never had a over the phone interview though, and I am a bit confused as to how this will help to improve my chances of getting the job.I am a personal person and pride my self at interveiws from my use of body language and facial movements.
Has anyone had this form of interview? how was it?

BabyBeans0506

Asked by BabyBeans0506 at 10:27 PM on Aug. 3, 2009 in Just for Fun

• I've had several- had one today as a matter of fact. I think that it's a time-saving measure (although I have had a long phone interview before) and a way to weed out undesirables. Just do as you would for a face to face- prepare by researching the company and be ready to really sell yourself. You might find it more difficult because you'll be missing the personal touch. Speak clearly and be concise. Good luck!
    benjamink

Answer by benjamink at 10:37 PM on Aug. 3, 2009

• they usually do this to know if its worth meeting with you. Not everyone with a good resume can handle a job and they want to get to know a little better before inviting you to meet them.
    crystaleve29

Answer by crystaleve29 at 10:43 PM on Aug. 3, 2009