If you found this out, what would you think?

My SO and i have been together for 4 yrs now. I have always know that there was something holding him back in our relationship. Something that was stopping him from fully committing to me. Back in Jan. he was gone for a week. When he came back he hugged me for 10 minutes and told me how much he loved me and that he wanted to be with me forever. I was astonished, and puzzled as to what had happened in a weeks time. We talked about it and he said he was on myspace and his HS gf contacted him. he said they talked about what happened back then, and he finally was able to get over it.

But, a few weeks ago i met this ex. And she looks like she could be a sister! We have the same build, hair, eyes, mouth, nose, everything. We even have very similar personalities. I told him that it scared me because I'm afraid that he loves me because I'm like her!! What do you think? Is it just a coincidence or could my fears be real?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:30 PM on Aug. 3, 2009 in Relationships

• yes i think u cud be right......maybe u r just like her....y dont u ask him strait up....you cant move foward in a relationship if u have fears that r holding u back....talk to him...
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:35 PM on Aug. 3, 2009

• Is this what you think?

Or did he say this?

If you feel this way I would feel like if I can't have her then I'll get someone who looks almost like her, atleast that is how I would feel. Just see what happens.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:39 PM on Aug. 3, 2009

• I think he finally found closure. You should feel blessed that he loves you so much!

If you are worried - just be honest with him. Sit down, maybe over dinner with just the two of you, and talk about it. Tell him that you are curious, and would like to know his mind.
    RutterMama

Answer by RutterMama at 10:45 PM on Aug. 3, 2009

• I agree with the rest of the posts that you should just talk to him. Some people just have a "type". All of my boyfriends looked and acted similar. I liked them all, but not cause they reminded me of each other, but because I am physically and mentally attracted to the same type of men! Lol
    mommie42girls

Answer by mommie42girls at 11:06 PM on Aug. 3, 2009

• just bc a man is attracted to a certain type of woman physically doesn't mean anything. he chooses to be with you as a person not bc of your looks.

Answer by admckenzie at 11:38 PM on Aug. 3, 2009

• You're his type. End of story. Stop worrying.
    Chrissy629

Answer by Chrissy629 at 12:18 AM on Aug. 4, 2009

• Maybe that's just his type. I'd make sure closure was all he got, though.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:18 AM on Aug. 4, 2009

• As others have said, you probably have the looks that he is attracted to. I look similar to my fiance's ex - only shorter (she is very tall). I even asked him if he was attracted more to taller women since he was married to a woman who was 5'8" and I'm only 5'2". He said he liked my size better and that we fit together better. Don't worry about it. If he's telling you he loves you and wants to be with you forever - that speaks volumes way more than if you look like her. Don't look for stuff to create problems between you two. Enjoy him.
    kathyartist2007

Answer by kathyartist2007 at 1:54 AM on Aug. 4, 2009