• In the Spotlight:

Afraid of decises?

Moms who dot vaccinate your children. Are you afraid that ur child could get a decises ? What about traveling to other countries like Dominican Republic? What do you do?

JaniyahsMommyxo

Asked by JaniyahsMommyxo at 10:34 PM on Aug. 3, 2009 in Health

• I vaccinate my children, but I'm sure mothers who don't have taught their children proper prevention of catching them (like coughing into a kleenex and washing their hands, etc) and I'm sure they don't take their children out of the country. :)
    tangleballlover

Answer by tangleballlover at 11:11 PM on Aug. 3, 2009

• It is not black or white – vax or don’t vax.
    I can't urge you strongly enough to do your own research!! Do not base your decision on opinions. Many people read the same information and have differing conclusions. Our conclusions were that the preservatives are toxic and the interaction between the vaccines can be dangerous; we also feel that teeny bodies can handle only so much intrusion at a time.
    We choose to selectively vaccinate on a delayed schedule. The first vax was after our daughter turned one. We never did more than one vax per office visist. We had the office order single dose, preservative free vaccines; we concluded that the additives to the vaccines and the interactions between the vaccines posed the greatest danger. We skipped flu, chicken pox, and a couple of others. We always read the insert before allowing the shot to be given.

Answer by rkoloms at 7:29 AM on Aug. 4, 2009