Have you ever been forced to play patty-cake or horsey repeatedly by your toddler?

Sometimes it feels like my arms are going to fall off at the shoulder from the clapping, my thighs are getting a workout too! When I say "no more" My son takes my hand and forces me to play or leans his whole body on my legs lol...why doesn't he understand that no means no?

benjamink

Asked by benjamink at 10:47 PM on Aug. 3, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• lol yes but that is just how kids are they love to do things over and over again that is just how they learn.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:48 PM on Aug. 3, 2009

• Not with my toddler but sometimes I get worn out playing horsey in the bedroom lol
    a_and_j_momma

Answer by a_and_j_momma at 10:48 PM on Aug. 3, 2009

• Oh god!!!!!!!!!!! when will the madness end.LOL

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:49 PM on Aug. 3, 2009

• that sounds like my son too...lol!...i enjoy being with him...even if im tired.....the trick is to distract him with something else...
    marzbee

Answer by marzbee at 10:52 PM on Aug. 3, 2009

• My DS will know when enough is enough, and no means no!
    matobe

Answer by matobe at 10:53 PM on Aug. 3, 2009

• LOL my 18 mo old LOVES patty cake. She is a really sassy lil thang with an attitude! So if it keeps her happy in public..I'll play it til my arms fall off! ahahaha!
    tangleballlover

Answer by tangleballlover at 10:59 PM on Aug. 3, 2009

• I have been forced to sing the "this little piggy went to market" to a little boy I babysat for about an hour!!!
    Alysia_Moore

Answer by Alysia_Moore at 11:09 PM on Aug. 3, 2009

• mine likes 'fetch'. he throws stuff, i pick it up. his newfound joy is throwing things over the baby gate and screaming when he can't get them back. how....lovely :S
    jcsmummy

Answer by jcsmummy at 3:39 AM on Aug. 4, 2009

• Oh yes...fifteen years of the games and songs. I do it as much as I can and then when its time to change gears, we get up and find something else to do. Its just fun for them and likely they love that they are getting your undivided attention.

Matobe...how do you know that your son will always know when no means no? Are you saying that hes not going to test the boundaries? Thats all these moms are saying. I sensed a "my kid wont be like THAT" tone in your post. If I am wrong, then I apologize in advance.
    momofsaee

Answer by momofsaee at 6:24 AM on Aug. 4, 2009