does anybody else have an ex-mil from hell?

My ex-mil wants to see my little girl but my ex has no interest in her. She made him take me to court to get his visitation after he hadn't seen her in 41/2 years just so she could see her every other wkend. The worse part is he won't even pay his child support or even get a job. His mom pays for his house, his cell phne, all his bills, groceries. She told me if I dont get child support SO WHAT! I would love to smack her.

treynlisa

Asked by treynlisa at 10:57 PM on Aug. 3, 2009 in Relationships

• Don't let her bully you. Yeah, she's family, but you're the MOTHER. You're the one in control, and YOU call the shots.

Be thankful that your child only has to see her two weekends per month!! Let her spoil your child-that's what grandmothers do. I would, however, talk to her about the co-sleeping if it really bothers that much.

Don't worry about the birth father. He's the one missing out.

Fallaya

Answer by Fallaya at 12:02 AM on Aug. 4, 2009

• uggh ya you should definetly get child support, but i dont know, i mean.. the way i see it.. thats the grandma, sucks but true, and shes her family too.. you wouldnt want ur little girl to grow up wondering why she doesnt have her in her life..
    if shes causing drama or problems, then i completely understand..
    but it does make you wonder if shes even looking out for ur daughters well being if she doesnt want you to have the child support. sounds vicious!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:01 PM on Aug. 3, 2009

• She tells my dd that she HAS to call my ex daddy. DD doesnt even know him. She lets DD sleep with her witch is really not cool. Takes her to stores and tells her to get whatever she wants. She also told DD that she doesnt spank her because she loves her. I told DD I spank her b/c I do love her and I want her to be a good person.
    treynlisa

Answer by treynlisa at 11:06 PM on Aug. 3, 2009

• spanking does NOT show love. It shows you are a bully and you abuse your child. I'm guessing she'll call cps on you for doing it so they can take your child away. Think twice before abusing your child or just pack her up and send her to someone who does love her and doesn't hit her. Take a parenting class to learn how to disciplne without hitting.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:43 PM on Aug. 3, 2009

• Spanking is not abuse. CPS can't take ur child away for it either.
    matthewscandi

Answer by matthewscandi at 1:18 AM on Aug. 4, 2009

• Take HIM back to court for child support. He'll go to jail if he doesnt' pay for it and she'll be out of your life as well.
    SaraP1989

Answer by SaraP1989 at 5:46 AM on Aug. 4, 2009